New Unit: Chin Spearman

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
A Chinese flavor unit supposed to replace either the spearman or pikeman... The sounds link to the spearman folder so if you changed the name of the spearman you'll need to change the INI file to fit.

File: (506k)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Chin_Spearman.zip

Preview:

Attachments

• chinspearmanpreview.gif
    chinspearmanpreview.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 7,749
Very nice!

Let me be the first to thank you. :goodjob:

The new units are really beginning to role in. :D

:goodjob: Poor guy, stomach wounds are supposed to an extremely painful way to die. ;)

Nice.

BTW does he wear a tail ? I mean look like it but I am not sure.

Then it would be a Chinese under Mandchu rule (they were forced to wear it to show they were not "adults" in front of the Mandchu conquerors.
Could be a levy or guerilla unit.

Anyway :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: ( as usual ;) )

Oh, it's lovely Kinboat! :love:

I wonder if I can have your permission to use your Chin Spearman as the 2nd rank of the Samuari for the Ready-Made Middle Ages Multi-Figure Modpack?

At first I wasn't going to have any player created figures in this initial set.....but your latest creation would fit perfectly as a rear rank of servants or peasants. :)
(Two ranks of Civ3 Samurai just doesn't look right)

Here is a quick preview, with a single green map tile that I use for positioning.....

Attachments

• mf_samurai_unit.gif
    mf_samurai_unit.gif
    11 KB · Views: 3,969
that's not exactly accurate, Kryten. The Chins are from China and the Samurai are from Japan. :)

Well the Carthaginians use Numidian Mercenaries! Besides, the Japanese probably used guys LIKE that. They aren't nesisarily Chin Spearmen

the unit is amazing :)
but I would leave them for china, it looks different and japan has already tons of flavour units.

Originally posted by Plexus
that's not exactly accurate, Kryten. The Chins are from China and the Samurai are from Japan. :)

I do realise that, but as puglover said, they LOOK like Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Tibetan peasant spearmen.
I know that there are people out there who are using my various Greek Hoplites as Etruscans, or the Hypaspists & Peltasts as other nations troops, so why not this one?
(And we are talking about a game that allows middle eastern Moslem nations such as the Egyptians/Babylonians/Persians to build west European Christian feudal Knights! :crazyeye: )

To embryodead,

Yes, Japan has lots of flavour units, in the PTW expasion disk.
But because of copyright reasons, Firaxis will not allow us to post these figures (in case people download them for free).
Which leaves me with with the task of trying to find something that looks 'peasanty' to put into the rear rank of a Samurai multi-figure unit.
This figure by Kinboat is the best thing that I can find.

Still, the descison is Kinboat's.
If he would rather I use something else, then I will. :)

Very cool! Thanks Kinboat. :)

Remove the shirt and have him do some Bruce Lee moves and you have a very cool martial artist.

Give him a sword and you have a cool swordsman replacement.

you get the idea. :D

Yes he has a rather long braid down the back... Didn't do much research into the particulars of the time period :) Sure Kryten you can use them... I tested the multi unit program on this one and made a quick skirmish line with one samurai in the back (generals and cannon fodder :) ) but your suggestion looks good too.

Now that I think about it, the image Kal-el provided was a miniature figure supposed to be from the Boxer rebellion time... At least that's what I think the image was. So he would be a partisan or rebel running around with an antiquated weapon hoping he doesn't run into anyone with a rifle :)

I have to concur with Kryten here. I see no reason why the Chinese Spearman couldnt be used as a cross-cultural flavor unit. Personally, I would use this unit as a feudal-era Chinese Pikeman. Just an idea. . .

Top Bottom