Screenshot of the Day #95: Hidden Dragon

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I had an odd screenshot the other day playing Civ3. For some odd reason China, the most powerful nation in the game, "dissapeared" from the Advisor screens. I could only contact him by finding an enemy unit and talking through the unit. Anyway, I was throughly defeated, but at the end, China was left gloating under a "mist" of darkness. Maybe it's some sort of bug or something...

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd95.jpg

This is probably a reference to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon... :D

Thanks to Vegeta Saiyan for the screenshot.

It's not a bug...look in the art, the leader heads, they have dark pictures of leaders. Sometimes it's a culture thing, like in the other SOTD, where there were two leaders "Hiding in the Dark"

I just submitted a screenshot like that myself. It wasn't like that though...it was a little different. Hope it gets published, I think it's pretty funny and lame.

You can contact other civs easer by just hiting shift.D at the same time.:)

Sure it's not a bug? I lose other civs off my foreign advisor screen all the time. Last night I saw that Persia had emerged as the leading civ (in front of me) so I established contact with an embassy and trade. Still no picture of the leader on my advisor screen. Last game I played it was the Bismark, but he was a weaker civ. I can highlight the place where they should be and look them up in the civalopedia, but can't see the face.

Seems to have no pattern... so I'm guessing there are still a few bugs in the code.

Originally posted by Vinz Clortho
Sure it's not a bug? I lose other civs off my foreign advisor screen all the time. Last night I saw that Persia had emerged as the leading civ (in front of me) so I established contact with an embassy and trade. Still no picture of the leader on my advisor screen. Last game I played it was the Bismark, but he was a weaker civ. I can highlight the place where they should be and look them up in the civalopedia, but can't see the face.

Seems to have no pattern... so I'm guessing there are still a few bugs in the code.
No bugs, you're prolly playing with more than 7 or 8 civs, don't know the limit exactly. If you have met a civ, but it doesn't show up in the diplo screen, hold the shift-button while right-clicking in the diplo-screen, you can select a civ to show.

This rather clumsy way of doing diplo with many civs is improved in PTW 1.14. Then the diploscreen indicates that there are more civs for diplo than meet the eye :) Would be better tho if they would just make the diploscreen capable for 16 civs, or even more.

Plux, you aren´t even talking about the same thing as in the screenshot, where Mao dissapears even in the endscene but a black blur is where he should be.

Maybe it's supposed to indicate that the Chinese are cloaked in secrecy and are very reclusive. The emperor has never appeared in public so nobody knows what he looks like. :)

Originally posted by thedirk
Maybe it's supposed to indicate that the Chinese are cloaked in secrecy and are very reclusive. The emperor has never appeared in public so nobody knows what he looks like. :)

=-)

Top Bottom