Screenshot of the Day #98: Civil War

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I had just traded with America for their world map and I found out that there was another India! I probably should have checked out how I setup the game. This was on v1.17.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd98.jpg

This screenshot reminded me of the civil wars in Civ2... It was so much fun splitting enemy Civs into two. :D

Thanks to greyghost for the screenshot.

I liked the civil wars in Civ 2, they should add them to Civ 3 with a patch, (or maybe an expansion which also has eight extra civs :p )

Oh I like this one--it's like the one with 2 Englands. I've played civ2 but I've never seen civil wars. Were they on high dificulty only?

oh ok thanks. I keep hearing about civil wars but I never saw one. Maybe I should play again...

so I read those threads and now I understand.

Now I want civil wars in civ3 too!

I never played civ2 much, but I remember the civil wars in civ.
I loved going straight for the enemies capital and spliting them in
two. But When I ask the rebles for a alliance against civX, they'd be like "Who the hell is civX?". Well that's artificial stupidity for ya.

I was always disappointed when there was no civil war... It was one of the best parts of civ2.

Can't you get this by taking the same name/adjective as your opponent btw?

IMHO, i believe it could be modded in someway ;)
As for the civil war, that should be really cool to have it in civ3.
What happens with the leaderhead? Would it be the same for both the same civ? (i never played civ2, that's why i am asking)

No, the english would just split into the english and the french, for example. In civ3, this change could be huge of course: imagine, changing commercial trait to militaristic, that could cost you a lot of dough (well, the AI)!

It is very reasonable to have a large nation break into smaller ones. Happens all the time in the real world. East Timor, even. /Half an island/ just broke away to form its own country. Of course civ should have this, in some fashion. When the Government neglects a certain area too long, have increased discontent, cancel the use of luxuries in an area, and kill some of the defending soldiers. If it continues for a length of time, poof- it breaks away and now you have a whole 'nother mess to deal with.

Realism is not civ3's strong suit... and what you're suggesting would be very hard to programme...

Yes, civil wars were cool in past incarnations. But, as Shabbaman said, it could be confusing to change traits in the middle of the game...

i can see why the advisor looks shocked! weird.
must be modded.

Nope, I didn't mod. I started an entirely new game without any sort of changes. I didn't even know there was another India until I realized that both of India's civcolors were on the map.

farting bob, the advisor is always surprised when there is a war declaration. That's not modded.

I think it'd be cool to have Indian units attacking other Indian units, but in this, there could have been two civs named the Indians.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
farting bob, the advisor is always surprised when there is a war declaration. That's not modded.

I think he means the advisor must be shocked at the fact that there are 2 india's.

Wierd. Would love to actually see that in-game....

I too will add my name to the list of people who wish civs could split apart in Civ3. Even if it was one of the toggle options in the set up so people who didn't want it could shut it off. Oh well, I play on a Mac and am still waiting for the editor and PTW, so who am I to wish for such things...I have much greater concerns in the immediate future.

It should be fun to have!
And you could just rename the new "civ" like the rebel "Civ", rather than converting it to a new one.
And this could be done as mentioned above, if an area is too far away from the palace and is severely neglected, etc.
But then, we should have more than one forbidden palace, and the possibility to have a federal government :)

Top Bottom