Deity
Welcome to The Trade Ministry

Term 5 Trade Thread

Trade Leader: Immortal
Trade Deputy leader: Strider
Trade Designated Chat Rep: ?

Department Goals For the Coming Term:

1 - Internal Trade Affairs:

a) The Trade Department recommends that with the capturing of new resources from our various enemies, it will be important to connect new resources and Luxuries to trade with our friends.
b) The Trade Department wants to emphasize that the trading of luxuries will need imput from the Domestic Leader.
c) The Trade Department believes it is important the Military Advisor be consulted before any Strategic resources are traded.
d) The Trade Department sees its major goal as ensuring we have multiple, stable strategic resource locations for replacement when resources are exhausted or pillaged.

2 - Foreign Trade Affairs:

a) The Trade Department wishes to ensure our trading partners are not sympathizers of enemies or allies of enemies, the trade department is not intent on trading to potential enemies.
b) The Trade Department would recommend deniying our enemies access to resources, trade embargos will be critical in the waging of effective wars against our enemies.
c) The Trade Department wishes to emphasize citizen feedback in all manners of action to ensure consensus is in place before the recommendation to Designated Player.
d) the Trade Department believes Foreign Affairs and Military Advisors will be Integral in the decision making process for trades regarding possible future enemies.

3 - Technological Trade Affairs:

a) The Trade Department is against technology trades which will allow other nations access to new resources, new governments, and important Wonders.
b) The Trade Department is also against the Trading of Technologies which will allow foreign nations to attain their Unique Unit.
c) The Trade Department is however in favour of the recieving of technologies from other nations.
d) The Trade Department is in favour of trades involving the reciving of technologies only if it does not damage our economy.

4 - Aquisitional Trade Affairs

a) The Trade Department will consult the Domestic Advisor for their opinions regarding the recieving of Luxuries.
b) The Trade Department will consult the Military Advisor for their opinions regarding the recieving of Strategic Resources.

5 - General trade Affairs

a) The Trade Department guarantees the wishes of the people be paramount in the decision-making process.
b) The Trade Department is very critical of other nations offering Trades to us, the Trade Department wishes to be the ones doing the offering.
c) The Trade Department wishes to recieve Gold per-turn, technologies, and Lump Sum gold in the majority of its trading negotiations.
d) The Trade Department believes the attaining of Technologies and wealth is the foremost goal in this most critical time.

Announcement:
The Position of Chat Rep is Open, PM the Trade Leader if Interested.

Congrats Immortal!!!

Now I've got a good mix.... Science Leader and Trade Deputy.... Nice :)

Please vote in this council vote for governor, PD, and JA.

Congrats Immortal and Strider.

I am here to ask if you would post in the Budget request thread for the funds necessary to rush the Harbor in Dapperdan. I believe this would fall under your department as a Trade "improvement. Cost of the rush is 72g. Thank you.

EDIT - opps posted in the wrong thread. Delete this post...

Please cancel my request to rush the Harbor in Dapperdan. In the poll you set up for this, donsig has pointed out that by changing the workers, the harbor can be done quickly with a lot less gold spent. I should have seen that one. I will make the changes in my build queue.

The following is the science departments proposed queue. The one's with the * next to them means that we wish to get those VIA trade as soon as possible. The other's we wish to try to research to open up new trade possiblities.

Medicine
Sanation
*Steam Power
*Industrialization
*Electricty
Communism
Espionage
*Scientic Method
The Corporation
Steel
Refining
*Atomic Theory
Combustion
*Electronics
*Mass Production
*Motorized Transportation
Radio
*Flight
(*Amphibious Warfare)
(*Advanced Flight)

Message from the President -

I was looking at our relations with the nations of the world, and (being a former Trade Leader myself), I was curious to see what I could find. Here's what I have:

Total Excess Luxs

Furs 1
Incense 3
Gems 4

Russia

10gpt for Furs
10gpt for Incense
14gpt for Furs and Incense

Zulus

Worker for WM

Greece

23gpt for Gems

Strider: we are not allowed to trade for technologies anymore, as there was some event which hurt our relations with other civs. My apologies, but I cannot do it.

Chieftess: its all included with the trade discussions, no new deals with Russia as the people have expressed their favour towards no more trading with russia (8/14 votes by the last turnchat).

I need to talk to Eyrei, its a phenominal trade, but I need Eyreis imput.

Please cast your vote in this council vote for Science leader and deputy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom