Screenshot of the Day #100: Exclusive Editor Screenshots

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
This is our 100th SOTD, and we only have two really old desktop screenshots to show you: Mike Breitkreutz's desktop when he was working on the editor in July 2001!

A screenshot of my desktop while working on the editor. I was going to post this at some point as an "exclusive editor screenshot" as a joke. ;)

Desktop #1 Desktop #2

I hope you are not too disappointed. ;) Thanks to MikeB for these screenshots!

JPEG. Yuck... :rolleyes:

I love the CD Player in there, tho... ;)

very boring. i think thunderfall could have got a beter SOTD for this special one, not just lines of code by the designers.

I think it's a shame Mike didn't publish these before Civ3 was released. I'm sure that would have stirred up a good discussion in the Creation and Customization forum. :)

Cool shots - I guess this is as close as we'll get to Civ3 being open source ;)

At least we know now what language they used to code it in. :D

Ooh, I want a graphics card that supports two monitors too!!

"Can't stop now" :lol: ... I think I need that one for my programming projects.

Anyway, I love looking at code. Great SOTD!

originally posted by anarres
Ooh, I want a graphics card that supports two monitors too!!
I want two monitors .... :cry:

I should have expected this. I really should have. But no, I didn't, and look where it got me.

=P Interesting SOTD, anyway.

I have a question: is that not the most attrocious screen shot you have ever seen? What's with the Trebuchet MS? And the colors that make your eyes water!?! This reminds me of some of those Linux Anime themes! GOD, IT'S JUST SO UGLY!!!

Maybe 101 could be a Firaxian's desktop. ;) A "mystery game teaser"...

Lots of game developers seem to use Visual Studio for coding. I am surprised Mike doesn't. :)

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Lots of game developers seem to use Visual Studio for coding. I am surprised Mike doesn't. :)

I do use Visual Studio (it's on the right side of the screenshot). I only use it for compiling and debugging though. I use Codewright for editing because it's got some better features and better support for Brief (an old DOS editor) emulation.

Very cool. Cant think of a better screen shot for SOTD 100 :)

This is a game of 'find the bug'?

:rolleyes:

Two monitors suck big time, imho. I get freakin' nuts working on two monitors! I've recently raised my Alttabbing subskills... But then again, there are some programs that still resist my alttabbing skills...

Top Bottom