Combustion
*Electronics
*Mass Production
*Motorized Transportation
Radio
*Flight
(*Amphibious Warfare)
(*Advanced Flight)

* means that I hope to get it VIA trade. Parenthese means that I plan on skipping it and * parenthese means that I plan on skipping it but if the opptunity shows itself we should get it VIA trade(hopefully cheap to).

Comments are welcomed

I love this queue. I love that even though people voted against my plan to go for Sanitation, people are doing it anyways :D!

I don't think we should go for communism and espionage that early (unless we're thinking about going into communism).

Originally posted by Chieftess
I don't think we should go for communism and espionage that early (unless we're thinking about going into communism).

I have several reason's for doing that....

1. AI's will pay about anything for goverments.... If by any lucky chance we get it before anyone else.... Then we could make a fortune.

2. I'm in strong support of switching to democracy.... and the police stations would help with the war weariness in democracy.

3. Espionage would allow us to steal techs from an AI who refuse's to trade a much-needed tech to us.

Also... It doesn't matter where any of the techs are at all... I believe we will get Scientific Method before communism..... We have a 40 turn research rate...... How the heck are we going to research anything? Were going to get it in trade before we get it by researching....

I don't know, Strider. Our current plan is to aqurie a majority of our techs by trade. Remenber, we can't sell technology a country already knows.

Also, WE NEED PANZERS. I know we can put motorized transport higher up there. :D

I would plan on getting most if not all of our techs by trade. I think Communism is a good idea because we desparately need to switch out of this god-forsaken Monarchy. Also, the spy benefits of Communism could go hand-in-hand with Espionage.

I voted YES, as Strider said (well everybody says it), we will be climbing the tech tree by Trade not research. Plus it's good to see Sanitation second, so we'll have those Hospitals available when we need them.

I don't even see Replacement Parts in this queue! :confused:

We should be bee-lining for that tech right out of the gate until we get Infantry and Artillery. Then we should switch to Electricity and Electronics to hopefully get Darwin's ToE and Hoover's Dam.

After that, we should obviously go for Tanks so the rest of the world can fear the mighty Fanatikan Panzer!

Buy the rest of them at bargain basement prices for all I'm concerned.

And, no offense to Goonie, but we have no real need for Sanitation at this time, nor will we likely need it for several turn chats. Yes, turn chats.

I believe all of you have forgotten how I normally do the queue's. I'll explain it like a building.....

This is just the foundation. That starting point. Techs will be built on and taken off and switched around at the citizens request.

My queue's have always been expandable..... All of you must have forgotten that fact though :)

That's fine and dandy, Strider, but your Foundation is what frightens me.

I'd much rather see this:
Code:
[u][b]Critical Path:[/b][/u]
Nationalism		[b]Done[/b]
Steam Power
Industrialization*
Electricity
Replaceable Parts
Medicine
Scientific Method
Atomic Theory		[color=green]presumably from ToE[/color]
Electronics		[color=green]presumably from ToE[/color]
Industrialization*
The Corporation
Steel
Refining
Combustion
Mass Production
Motorized Transportation
Sanitation
Flight
Radio

[u][b]Non-Criticals:[/b][/u]
Espionage
Communism
Advanced Flight
Amphibious War
* Industrialization would only be more important than the Electricity-Replacement Parts path if we had a Great Leader that could guarantee us Universal Suffrage and we could not use the leader to rush ToE. Otherwise, it would come in just after Electronics.

We'll likely purchase most, if not all, of these techs, so it really only matters to have a queue in place if we are about to build ToE (to ensure we get the techs we want).

A list like this one prioritizes coal and rails first, then Infantry and Artillery, then oil and tanks, then Sanitation (for the hospitals and Battlefield Medicine Small Wonder), followed by Flight. The other advances are nice and should be acquired when the price is right, but should not be a priority, in my not-so-humble opinion. ;)

EDIT: Added Motorized Transportation to list. Please forgive my ineptitude.
EDIT #2: Industrialization added to list.

Forty..... We are more likely to get Steam Power first. We can trade for a tech faster than we can research it. Steam Power we will have far before medicine is completed....

Also in your queue you are saying that we should put little emphasis to Espionage and Communism. We need those to pass the age. Better to get our spies up and police stations built now than later.

Also I will still be looking at techs trades.... As I stated before I plan on getting ALL of these techs VIA trade. The one's that do not have the * next to them I am merely hoping to try to research those ourselves. In an attempt to open up new trade possiblities.

Also.... How are we suppose to get tanks when you don't even have motorized transportation in your queue!

Originally posted by Strider
Also in your queue you are saying that we should put little emphasis to Espionage and Communism. We need those to pass the age.

Actually, we don't need either of those to advance into the Modern Era. They are optional.

Originally posted by Strider
Also.... How are we suppose to get tanks when you don't even have motorized transportation in your queue!

d'oh! :cringe:

Especially after I made such a noise about Replacement Parts. :blush:

Also.... I will make some more comments once you add Industrilization to your queue :).

That does it. I'm never posting anything at the end of the day when I'm trying to leave the office again.

Industrialization added as well as my comments on that particular tech. After everyone has stopped laughing at my bungling of this queue, please examine it closely as I feel it deserves careful consideration despite my inability to post it correctly the first time.

Originally posted by FortyJ
That does it. I'm never posting anything at the end of the day when I'm trying to leave the office again.

Industrialization added as well as my comments on that particular tech. After everyone has stopped laughing at my bungling of this queue, please examine it closely as I feel it deserves careful consideration despite my inability to post it correctly the first time.

Don't worry..... I've forgotten techs doing this huge queue's also.

Anyway.... I'll post what I think in the morrow.... To tired right now.

We need some more votes.... If the measure fails then I'll post a poll over Forty's, but I can't do anything with a tie right now :)

Why was the our research path changed. It was not voted on by the citizens.

Originally posted by Goonie
Why was the our research path changed. It was not voted on by the citizens.

1)Yes it was.... The GL poll require's that indust be gotten as soon as possible...

Top Bottom