Next turn: 1806AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwelgje

Deity

*** Made recommended changes ***

Mordhiemia cavalry attacks barbs and nearly kills itself...
York Downs riflemen kill the wounded barbs and become veteran.
Indian ironclad will desert for 741 gold, no way! PRB a cruiser in Westness for 209 gold.
Partisans near Bilbao kill cavalry and are veteran now.
Kaupang destroyer leaves Cordoba and kills explorer in Bilbao and leaves the city undefended, riflemen take the city and get 107 gold plus a size 3 city with harbor.
Cruiser attacks empty transport near Tblisi and nearly kills itself.
Persian government overthrown, they want to meet, denied.
Cavalry in Tarsus kills catapult and becomes veteran. Other cavalry kills crusaders.

Persians enter monarchy.
Persian frigate attacks cavalry outside Tarsus and gets killed.
Indians ask to meet, refused we wanna fight! Senate meets behind our backs and signs CF. :(

Nuf discovers amphibious warfare and starts atomic theory

Order restored in York Downs and Bilbao.
WLTP celebrated in Frozen Toe, Bilbao, Uppsala and Kaupang, cancelled in Marl Downs

Leo's upgrades stuff.

Columbia and Delft finish spy and start engineer, Mulled Mine and Cymru Straits finish silk and go on building freights, Eriksson finishes spy, starts another, Frozen Toe finishes aquaduct and starts marketplace, Routskilde finishes dye and goes on building freights, Eboracum builds spy and starts freight, Castle Jayne finishes aquaduct and starts freight, Valencia builds spy and starts temple, Seville builds spy and starts freight, RC builds supermarket and starts Statue of Liberty (instantly build by freights)

RC silver delivered to Delhi: revenue 520 gold
Rc gems delivered to Lahore: revenue 738 gold

Persian government overthrown.
Indians develop democracy.
Indians start Statue of Liberty.
Indians break cease fire at Avila and kill riflemen, they also kill a fanatic at Bilbao, their ironclad attacks Cymru Straits but loses to our riflemen who are veteran now.
Russians start United Nations.

Zyx builds silver and starts temple, Hamburg finishes spy and starts cruiser, Tarsus finishes spy and starts another one, Antioch builds temple ad starts bank, Neuma builds bank and starts freight (taxman hired), Reneaux builds spice and starts factory, Thunderfalls builds gems and starts another freight, Regia Civitas builds [/b]Statue of Liberty[/B] and starts freight (Indians abandon SoL)

WLTP celebrated in Antioch and Marl Downs

Leo upgrades lots of stuff.

NUF discovers Atomic Theory and starts to research Automobile.

NUF now has 33 million citizens.

Valladolid bribed for 1088 gold. We get a size 7 city with 3 musket and a cannon plus 204 gold.
Indians ask to meet, denied. Cannon kills Indian settler outside Valladolid and becomes veteran.
Cruiser attacks Indian caravel and frigate near Russian Guard, both didn't survive this encounter with our mighty navy.
Dragoons outside Valladolid killed by our RM, they're veteran now.
Riflemen kill Russian catapult east of Tarsus.

Persians in Republic now.
Indian ironclad attacks cruiser and loses.
Persian frigate kills spy in Persian Watcher.
Civil disorder in Trier and Mulled Mine.

Mirkwood finishes temple and starts freight, Vikingsnomore finishes engineer and starts freight, Nemo Bay finishes silk and starts another freight, Penguin Flats finishes engineer and starts freight, Legendary City completes sewer and starts bank, Hladir builds silk and starts another freight, Elysium finishes stock exchange and starts supermarket, Dellham builds beads and starts another freight.

WLTP cancelled in Frozen Toe, Bilbao, Gabba Gabba and Kaupang.

Pollution near Reneaux

NUF now has 34 million citizens.

Riflemen east of Tarsus kill Russian catapult.
2 Regia Civitas silk freights delivered to Delhi, twice 624 gold earned, Regia Civitas gems delivered to Lahore, 738 gold earned.
Persian knights threaten undefended Persian Watcher, bribed for 806 gold. Knights get killed by Persian frigate. :mad:
Russians nearly complete United Nations.
Russian dragoon attacks riflemen east of Tarsus and loses.

NUF discovers Automobile, Leo's is obsolete now. Start research on Mass Production towards Robotics.

Puka Puka builds spy and starts engineer, Birka finishes temple and starts freight, Capricornium finishes oil and starts freight, Melampyrum finishes engineer and starts freight, Banana Bay finishes harbor and starts freight, Beast Flats finishes oil and starts another freight, Fort Anarchy finishes coal and starts another freight, Civvium completes stock exchange and starts supermarket, Trondheim builds aquaduct and starts freight, Madrid finishes temple and starts aquaduct

Karachi and Granada in disorder!!!
Granada will revolt for 760 gold, deal! We get 202 gold, 2 musketmen, a settler and a transport. There is a shortage of a shield so transport is disbanded into temple and temple is rushed for 30 gold.
Karachi will revolt for 1775 gold, don't think so! They'll be cheaper later on. ;)

Persians start UN.
Russians finish UN in Minsk.
Persians abandon UN.
:crazyeye:

Frontierland builds temple and starts engineer, Dur Sharrukin builds temple and starts marketplace, Granada builds temple and starts marketplace, Barcelona builds temple and starts spy, Bedfont Lakes finishes silk and starts another freight, Seville finishes wine and starts another freight, Kaupang finishes oil and starts another freight. Hipsheim finishes oil and starts another freight.

NUF discover Mass Production and start research on Computers.

NUF now has 35 million citizens.

Rushbuy Elysium supermarket for 108 gold.
Cavalry kills Russian dragoon east of Tarsus.

Mountainview founded east of Tarsus.

Barbarians land near Zyx, kill the riflemen and demand 8800 gold or else, I opted for else. :(
Indians acquire communism from Russians (how appropriate).
Russian dragoon kills cavalry east of Mountainview.

WLTP cancelled in Melampyrum and Antioch.

WLTP in Melampyrum, Capricornium and Lindow Moss
WLTP cancelled in Prague and Uppsala
Civil disorder in Dur Sharrukin.

Lindow Moss finishes marketplace, starts freight, Saragossa finishes engineer starts spy, Neuma builds oil, starts stock exchange, Valencia and Cordoba builds temple, starts cavalry, Elysium builds supermarket starts superhighways

Pollution near Reneaux, Sevilla and Regia Civitas

NUF now has 36 million citizens

Russian frigate near Cordoba bribed for 386 gold, spy moves on board.
Indian ironclad near Karachi killed.
Persian ironclad attacks Persian Watcher and dies.
Indians develop conscription, RIFLEMEN!!!

Russian Guard and Cinnamon City builds temple, starts riflemen, Routskilde builds spice and starts another freight, Salamanca builds temple and starts freight, Cordoba needs aquaduct so production is switched, Regia Civitas builds silk and starts Hoover: completed with caravans.

WLTP in Saragossa, Salamnca and Valencia
Civil disorder in Toledo.

NUF discovers Computers and starts research on Mobile Warfare.

NUF now has 37 million citizens.

The attack begins!
All 4 ships loaded with spies and cavalry approach Delhi, Indians ask to meet (cowards!) but denied, senate signs cease fire. :mad:
Spies try to take out the citywalls, the second spy is succesful. Cavalry attacks but senate overrules. I've had it!!! REVOLUTION!!!
Second cavalry attacks, kills riflemen and the flag falls! :D Third cavalry walks into Delhi, we get the Pyramids and 416 gold.
Spies bribe all cities in one turn. :groucho:
Bombay costs 645 gold and gives Eiffel Tower and 51 gold
Lahore costs 1000 gold and gives us 95 gold
Bangalore costs 787 gold and gives us 54 gold
Cannon bribed near Calcutta because it blocks the road for 136 gold
Karachi revolts for 1140 gold and gives us 73 gold
Calcutta revolts for 1080 gold and gives us 62 gold
Madras revolts for 832 gold and gives us 52 gold
Indians are dead and gone!!! :D

All cities are filled with angry faces so workers are re-assigned or Elvis is hired to prevent revolts, succesfully.

Persians get metallurgy from Greeks
Persians get conscription from Greeks

Russian dragoon attacks RM east of Mountainview and loses.

Westness builds harbor starts market, New Octavia builds engineer starts freightm Bilbao finishes spy and starts engineer, Thunderfalls builds oil starts another freight, Regia Civitas builds Hoover Dam and starts mass transit.

We're back in democracy.

NUF now has 41 million citizens.

Regroupment of troops and spies begins near Karachi.
Destroyers and Cruisers take a look at Russian coast, spy is taken to Russia to explore the interior.
Russian frigate attacks ironclad near Tblisi and loses, ironclad is veteran now.
Russian dragoon attacks riflemen near Mountainview and loses.

WLTP...everywhere!!! ;)

Trollhatan builds temple starts freight, Salzburg builds engineer starts battleship, Tarsus builds spy and starts temple, Viborg builds silk and starts another freight.

Russian ironclad near Sverdlovsk destroyed by cruiser, veteran now.
Persian frigat attacks Persian Watcher and loses.
Russian ironclad attacks our ironclad and loses.

Banana Bay builds oil and starts another freight, Fort Anarchy builds coal starts another freight, Monk's Towne builds dye and starts another freight, Uppsala builds bank and starts Stock Exchange, Seville builds gems and starts temple, Trondheim builds silk and starts another freight, Delhi builds spy and starts temple.

NUF discovers Mobile Warfare and starts Robotics.

NUF now has 42 million citizens.

Russian frigate destroyed near Moscow.
Cavalry kills Persian dragoon near Mountain View and is veteran now.
Cavalry kills Persian dragoon near Tarsus.

Production everywhere upgraded from cavalry to armor.

Prague builds aquaduct starts freight, Lone Bison, Mulled Mine, Eboracum and Cymru Straits builds silk continues freight, Beast Flats builds cloth and continues freight, Castle Jayne builds gems and starts sewer

RC mass transit rushed with 254 gold to start wonder next turn.

We're ready to begin the attack on the Russians now!
4 ships with diplos and cavalry are on the move...

Nice to see Gandhi dead:goodjob:
You can begin the attack with buying Tblisi this turn. If you unload a spy into Granada and then move to Tblisi, you'll have 1/3 move left to buy it. Or if we don't want to buy anything before Mosow's down, we could establish an embassy.

I've gone through the cities and have some comments for some of them. Maybe there's some purpose with something that I have missed, so there are a few question marks.

Madras - needs sewer, ready to celebrate, then temple
LM - needs aqueduct
LC - move sea to plains, no celebration
Hamburg - needs aqueduct
FT - Harbor?, two elvis
Elysium - elvis to scientists
Dell - needs aqueduct
Delhi - forest to Elvis
Delft - Rearrange workers, maybe Elvis?
Columbia - Maybe Elvis?
Cinn C - Maybe elvis?
Capri - Elvis?
Bombay - Mine to plains after spy
Barcelona - Harbor or Engineer after spy?
B lore - Move to mines -> spy in 1?
Azk - Switch rifle to spy
Avila - move grassland to plains until next growth
Antioch - maybe celebrate?
ww - rb temple next turn (10g) or make elvis before growth
Vnm - move forest to sgrass until growth
Vigo - Does it need 2 RM?
Toldeo - Aqueduct?
TF - Maybe celebrate?
Udal - no growth, no production, 2s left on freight...
Sarag - maybe celebrate?
Salam - maybe sea to forest -> freight in 3
Rout - needs sewer
PP - maybe elvis?
New Oct - maybe MP?
MM - maybe sea to grass?
MT - needs MP + aqu
MD - elvis to grow one more?
Ren - maybe farm and supermarket after factory? Maybe move forest to grass? Why isn't it growing? Maybe SH?

Comments?

Originally posted by funxus
I've gone through the cities and have some comments for some of them. Maybe there's some purpose with something that I have missed, so there are a few question marks.
:lol:
No there aren't any purposes in the way the workers are positioned, when I threw in the revolution to get rid of the Indians in one turn I had to open all the cities and rearrange the workers so that the cities wouldn't revolt. When I switched back to democracy I had to replace all the workers again. After 50 cities my eyes were like this: :crazyeye:
So I may have made some silly mistakes. ;)
Feel free to suggest stuff on how I can improve the game!

Excellent turns Mr President!! I can't see the last 3 nations lasting very long!!!

Zyx won't cost much to buy back, or as DoM said previously, use it as a NONE factory and just keep bribing those cavalry!!!

I'd also suggest establishing an embassy with Russia with the spy there.

1806AD Status of the NUF Democracy - 5651 gold 20,30,Sci=50%

1788AD Statue of Liberty, used to DESTROY INDIANS
1800AD Hoover Dam, still needs Mass Transits !

Skulls in REGIA CIVITAS (resolved), Elysium (a problem!), Civvium, Reneaux.(a.problem), Neuma. If all of these skulls trigger global warming, we will have a huge problem!

Astounding growth, My President! :goodjob: My Queen gave you a terrific base from which to expand! Revenue Science and Manufacturing are up 20% again. Cure for Cancer will boost growth, and we can now PRB Mass Transits as needed.   One Cruiser and 3.in.production, and 1 gigantic battleship in production.

41.Engineers and 5 in production - an improvement. 22.Freight and 34 in production, a large improvement. Cure.for.Cancer and SETI on the menu.

1806 AD Status: 43,670,000 people in 97 !!! cities.   5651.gold   16.Scientist 2.Taxmen 16.Elvis, No.Disorder, some celebrations. @ 20,30, Sci=50%
F5 $631 -139, Sci 1555 in 2? turns. F11 Mfg=699, Family Size=3.7   NUF is vanquishing our enemies, again #1 in Population, Manufacturing, and Land.Area, now #2 in Productivity, still #4 in Family Size.
Elysium FAQ: Size=29, 15 Happy +5.Content +9.Scientist
  Trade 120, Tax 60 + Lux 90 + Beakers 522 8 skulls

1784 AD Status: 31,330,000 people in 87 !!! cities.   6754.gold   11.Scientist 5.Taxmen 8.Elvis, York.Disorder, some celebrations. @ 20,30, Sci=50%
F5 $493 -83, Sci 1193 in 2.? turns. F11 Mfg=602, Family Size=3.7   NUF is trouncing our enemies, again #1 in Population, Manufacturing, and Land.Area, still #2 in Productivity and #4 in Family Size.
Elysium 1784: Size=25, 14 Happy +6.Content +5.Scientist
  Trade 120, Tax 48 + Lux 72 + Beakers 450

Elysium 1754: Size=22, 13 Happy +6.Content +Scientist +2.Elvii
  Trade 117, Tax 46 + Lux 102 + Beakers 300
Elysium 1660: Size=18, 11 Happy +6.Content +Scientist
  Trade 81 - Corruption 7, Tax 25 + Lux 36 + Beakers 258
1510 AD Status: 7,770,000 people in 43 cities.   1541.gold   5.Scientist 5.Elvis, good celebrations. @ 20,30,50%
F5 $113 -46, Sci 412 in 4 turns. F11 Mfg=254, Family Size=3.8
Elysium 1400: Size=9, grows in 8, 7 Happy +1.Content +Scientist
  Trade 49 - Corruption 4, Tax 15 + Lux 22 + Beakers 162

1000 AD Status: 2,268,000 people, in 34 cities. 379 gold, For comparison at 20,20,60% 1.Scientist 1.Elvis, Many.Celebrations
F5 $59 -18, Sci 224 in 5.turns. F11 Mfg=158, Family Size=5.2
940AD Formed Republic Government: 1750,000 pop in 34 cities.

Favored Cities:
REGIA CIVITAS=31 Max: Mass Transit elim 10 skulls, then what?
Elysium=29: All.Scientists, 8 skulls, sw Highway to Mass RB $188?
Civvium=23: 3 Einstein or Tax Men? Super in 1? 4 skulls
Marl Downs=19: Elvis to grow, Frt in 3? Irrg! Bank?
Neuma=19: Elvis, Stock 64/160 in 8? Mass? Irrg forest to grow
Reneaux=17: 5 skulls, sw to Mass in 1? Factory? forest to Irrg
Legendary=17: Iron to Elvis to grow, Bank 70/120
Routskilde=12: WLTK! Either IPRB $4 Frt in 1, or sw to Sewer and $RB!
  Food overflow disaster in 6, could grow immediately, Harbor.
Kaupang=11: Silk Frt in 1, then Elvis & Sewer one turn, $RB Sewer to grow.

TFalls in 9: Oil Frt IPRB in 5? Or Elvis Sewer Harbor & grow?
Gabba Gabba=8: Freeze at 8, Frt in Wine? Gems? Freeze on forest, Frt
Castle Jayne=12: Engr? or Sewer $RB in 2 Elvis & grow?
Uppsala=12: Favor Uppsala (Can't harbor) or Lindow Moss Peat?
Frozen Toe=9: RB Market $138? then 2 Elvii and Grow? Sewer?
Antioch=17: forest to road to WLTK. Bank? $RB?

Dehli=15: Elvis to WLTK, Temple in 2, then Bank?
  Dehli has PYRAMIDS, no more Granaries! Sell them?
Madras=12: Spy in 1, then Sewer $PRB!? WLTK else Food loss in 5, Roads!
  or perhaps an Engr: Spy in 1 then Engr? Sw to Engr? Not sure.
Madrid=10: Elvis to WLTK, Aquaduct in 2, then Market? Sewer?
Nautilus=6: Elvis to WLTK, Market in 3, Aquaduct Harbor etc.
Any others?

I generally concur with Funxus review of the cities. Please consider LC, PRB=$60 Bank in 2. There are cities where we could either build another Engineer, or start the Sewer sequence.

Researching Robotics (due in 1 turn?), 69 known: Alphabet Amphibious Astronomy Atomic Automobile Banking Bridge Bronze CBurial Chemistry Chivalry CodeLaws Combustion Communism Computers Conscription Construction Corporation Currency Democracy Economics Electricity Electronics Engineering Espionage Explosives Feudalism GENETIC GunPowder HBR Industrialization Invention Iron Leadership Literacy Machine.Tools Magnetism Map.Making Masonry Mass.Production Math Medicine Metallurgy Miniaturization Mobile.Warfare/ARMOR Monarchy Monotheism Mysticism Navigation Philosophy Physics Polytheism Pottery RAILROAD Refining Refrigeration Republic Sanitation Seafaring Steel Steam.Engine Tactics Theology Gravity Trade University WarrCode Wheel and Writing.

Although we have "Discoveries in 2 Turns", due to Freight deliveries over Rail our rate could be much higher than that. Perhaps that is no longer necessary. We discovered Amphibious Atomic Automobile Mass.Production Electronics? Computers/SETI Mobile.Warfare in the past 11 turns.

-GaryNemo, WatchDog of Productivity.

I think "Leo's upgrades stuff." is just fine. It's just a bunch of riffraff recently captured from the AI anyway.

More importantly, are all of our skulls making Global Warming likely? I see a very yellow sun on the main status, right near "5651 gold", and we have more than a dozen skulls.

And what shall we research? Solar Power?

The skulls symbols inside the ity screens don't have anyting to do with global warming. Those are just the increased possiblity that a pollution square may appear. Once actual pollution squares appear then global warming can start to build.

My guess would be that we had a pollution square that was recently cleaned up. The global warming indicator takes a couple turns to adjust for the clean up.

Oct X wrote:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leo's upgrades stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some specifics would be appreciated.

I gave up listing all the upgrades sometime ago.... there was so much stuff it took ages and it didn't really seem necessary, except maybe for things upgrading for the first time due to a new tech (e.g cannons to artillery for the first time).

Concerning "Leo's upgrades stuff":
It were some old units obtained from Indian cities that were upgraded from muskets to riflemen and canon to artillery and dragoon to cavalry. Only a few units though so I didn't think it would be that important.

Concerning granaries:
I agree, let's sell them! (I didn't realize I could have done that after obtaining the Pyramids. But they didn't cost us anything right? Adam Smith's is paying for them if I'm correct...

Concerning mass transits:
In the cities that need them they will be rushed. We can't afford to have any more pollution, the engineers are necessary to build RR in India, Spain and Russia and founding cities. We shouldn't waste their efforts on cleaning up.

I've also thought out a plan to attack Russia and I'll post about it later. Maybe a new thread would be justified for it.
It involves the four ships loaded with spies and dips that attack the Russians from four sides, taking Moscow with force and then all other cities are bribed. Cavalry walks on south to take the Greek capitol and then their other cities will be bribed.
In the mean time I would like to make the channel city (see city-plan) so that the attack-ships can move quickly to the Persian capitol and kill all defending troops. Spies will come from Antioch and probably another ship.

I usually keep all the granaries as an extra cash reserve, so that I don't spend them and can get a couple of extra 100g when I really need them. We might need some extra cash though if we're going bribe all the russian and greek cities.:)

Originally posted by civ1-addict
...In the mean time I would like to make the channel city (see city-plan) so that...
Still trying to find my way around here, hope I'm not missing something obvious, but where might one find this "city-plan"?

Concerning "Leo's upgrades stuff":

Perhaps Fanatica is not the place to unleash my sarcastic manner, is it? Really, if you can't poke fun at your boss without people taking you seriously... :lol:

TimTheEnchanter wrote:Still trying to find my way around here, hope I'm not missing something obvious, but where might one find this "city-plan"?

There's also some useful maps etc in the Land Registry thread, which has a link in the Game Information thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom