Multi-Unit Ancient/Middle Age Workers

Rabid Pop Tart

Aspiring Graphic Designer
Ancient/Middle Age Worker Multi-Units

To install:
1) Backup your original files, in case these don't work well or *gasp* you don't like my work.
2) Find the directory that holds the files for this worker. Generally, it will be at C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units\Worker, unless you installed in a different directory. But look in the Units forlder until you find Worker.
3) Extract your zip files to that directory. If asked to overwrite previous files, say yes to all. You don't need to worry about tweaking the INI file.
4) Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
- With the workers planting, there are some gray lines. I don't know how to work this out because I have no experience in unit graphics. It's not too bad, but if you're a perfectionist then you probably will notice it.
- With the worker death, the running units freeze towards the edge of the animation. I don't know how to correct this either yet, but it's not a huge issue since only barbarians can kill workers and that doesn't happen very often. (Only if you don't protect your workers, but then it's your own darned fault! :p )

Cheers!

Download here!
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Ancient_Workers.zip (2.3 MB)

Industrial/Modern Munit Workers.

As you can see, I've refined my skills a little.

Download Here!
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Modern_Workers.zip (2.4 MB)

Known issues:
- That crummy death animation. :mad: Well you shouldn't have a problem with your workers dying by the industrial times, unless you stack 15 of them next to a Barb camp in the nuclear wastes of former Persia to test it :D

Installation is same as the Ancient workers, except it's in a different folder: "WORKER MODERN TIMES"

sure, it's in the first post now!

or will be, if it cooperates.

sorry i couldn't get animated previews, i really don't have the time, but now there's an air of mystique. *Download it to see what it really looks like in action* ;)

Wow!! I'm impressed! I thought the workers would just be 6 in 2 rows of 3 like most of the other units, but making different formations for different worker actions was a great idea!! They look awesome too!!:D GREAT WORK!!!

Hey! They look great! Yeah, all the different formations you put them in look awesome! I can't wait to try them out in-game, and see if they really do work as great as they look. :goodjob:

Very nice, but can you re-do the few animations that you used the grey pallette background in so they work in the game (if they do and I'm making an ass of myslef, disregard this)

All FLCs have been game tested and work just fine.

thanks, Gral'Tok...I fixed it in the main post.

Fantastic, nothing else to describe.
6 pairs of hands always better than a pair.

They look marvellous, can't wait to use them in my game, the only thing to wait for now is when Kryten will have finished the Industrial and Modern units. No need to hurry Kryten, it's always better to be late than sorry.

BTW, hasn't anyone tried to come up with a multi-unit for a Settler? Perhaps a couple would do fine, as I said in another post, I really can't imagine a city growing with just one man ;-)
I know, CivIII isn't all about realism, but it would make things look more realistic.

Anyway, Pop Tart, keep up the good work, :goodjob: :goodjob:

Greetings Jurimax

Look in the current projects list...I added the settler. I dunno how I'm gonna do it, but it will get done. :) If you or anybody else have suggestions, post here or PM me.

Someone (Kryten maybe) posted a picture of a settler leading a horse with baggage on it. That's a lot of work, I know, but if you could do that it would be awesome! Maybe one guy with a horse and another two people with him. (Hmm...resize a worker down a bit in size and you'd have a kid...)

Good thinking Meph, but how would the build city animation be? Now the Settler plants his stick in the ground... Would the cart and kids just vanish so the Settler would have a normal build animation? I wouldn't mind, but I do think that it would be a great challenge to create such a Settler unit.
Another possible solution could be to put 2 Settlers in one MF unit and give one of them a dress or something, to represent a female.
Greets, JM

Top Bottom