Screenshot of the Day #102: Revolutionary

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
While playing an American game recently, I switched from Despotism to Monarchy. During the anarchy period between governments, a worker cut down a forest and added 10 shields to Los Angeles. Turns out this finished the city’s current production. I sent in this SOTD because I’d never seen the advisors refer to me as the “revolutionary” leader of an anarchic society before.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd102.jpg

Whoa, look at all those irons! This is unreal!! :) Thanks to JD Jordan for the screenshot.

You are also called Revolutionary in the Domestic Advisor Screen (F1).

This is perfectly normal. It is the standard title in Anarchy, just as you are spoken to with 'Sire' in a monarchy or 'sir/madame' in a Democracy. Nothing to do with modding or the like.

Holy bonus tiles, Batman!

The abundant iron is probably supposed to illustrate the fact that Britain had lots of iron and coal when it first entered the Industrial Ages.

but little oil...

One, how was it managed to produce something during anarchy? It seems pretty impossible - only time was when I rushed it with Cyberman's "always hurry production" option.

Ahh that's not too exotic. I see it millions of times when using a scenario, in a tab you can change the names of what they call you and what the F6 advisor says, like "think-tanks" "sooth sayers" "contractors"...

You can produce workers or settlers in anarchy if before you revolt you have the necessary shields but not the necessary food.

Doh! I had this happen to me today. I was going to send the shot in, but I remember seeing something like it. In any event, I had the GL, and while in anarchy, I got The Republic from my GL. It asked me if I wanted to overthrow my Anarchy. . . :lol: I do remember a SOTD like this, which is why I didn't send it in. Maybe it wasn't a SOTD, but I remember it being posted.

Yes it was SOTD#5 or something. There were two screenshots almost the same. One was "Anarchy Rulz!" where the Domestic was asking whether you wanted to change governments, and there was an option: "No. We are happy with our Anarchy" and another one, where the advisor was saying: "Our people are overthrowing our Anarchy. We are decending into Anarchy!"

Originally posted by hbdragon88
One, how was it managed to produce something during anarchy?

:nono: pay more attention! ;) He clearly said a worker finished clearing a forest... :p

Just to add a little to the topic, it's even possible to make money while being in an anarchy, your own commerce gets whacked, but if you're receiving money from another civ, you can even make more money than when you where in despotism, ...
I've had this situation a couple of times, does seem a little bit odd, but who am I to doubt the mechanics behind CivIII?

You can have science work done durring anarchy to. That has happend in a few of my games.

Lots of Iron doesn't really get closed to what that screenshot shows. See that town up there that has three iron sources alone.

Originally posted by flexo
You can have science work done durring anarchy to. That has happend in a few of my games.

Lots of Iron doesn't really get closed to what that screenshot shows. See that town up there that has three iron sources alone.
... and this nice 'El Dorado' nearby.

Have had science work during anarchy, too.
(At least interface showed that). I was very curious about that. Due to anarchy, the science 'minister' might have become too barefaced, ransacked the treasury and got his science thing going on.
Dissipater!
Or took the dough out of his own pocket.
Creep.

Top Bottom