3 New Units: High Elven Army

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Three units modeled after the Elvish troops in the beginning of the LoTR movie... A Swordsman, Bowman, and Spearman.
I've included a PAL file and a small image showing the basic color seperations at Black_Rose's request... This is intended to make any color conversions easier. However I can't really stop one of the fleshtones from showing up in the armor (or other colors and areas... Browns mostly) so any color switching may come up with some strange results. Hope it helps anyway. The bowman's INI could be changed to just use one of the attack FLC's without any transition errors between the fortify and attack looping. If someone wanted to (and has the time) I thought it would be interesting to have an Elvish war cry on the victory... Just a thought.
Swordsman:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Elven_Warrior.zip

Bowman:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Elven_Bowman.zip

Spearman:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Elven_Spearman.zip

Previews

Attachments

• elven_army_preview.gif
    elven_army_preview.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 5,301
Awesome job!!! :goodjob: Are you going to make a Wood Elf? It could be a guerilla version of the High Elf Archer (cheaper, no resources, less powerful).

I guess I better get back on the leaderheads, eh?

BTW, do you got anything I can use to make an Elrond leaderhead? I can have Sauron done in no time, btw.

Absolutely FANTASTIC :goodjob: I can't find the right words to appreciate your work, Kinboat :D Are You going to create more LotR Units ?

Amazing! Completlly and utterlly amazing....

Originally posted by zulu9812
These would actually make quite good flavour units for middle eastern civs

Yes, I would definitely recruit the archer for the Assyrians. The others could be used too which is all the more great. At least it does not show so they MUST be Elves in the small size preview so it should be OK.

Thanks Kinboat :love:

Awesome :goodjob: am speechless

yeah great work (now we only need: Orc, Uruk-Hai, Olog-Hai, Troll, Hobbit, Wizard, Dwarf, Nazgul and some king units;) )

WOW! :eek:

Well I may not use them as Elves however because of their amazing design I am useing them as flavor. And O what taisty units they are. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Fëanor
Thumbs up! maybe slightly too fat , but you could say that's cause of the armor :)

It is because of the Armor :) And the fact that I don't like long stringy units :)
Yeah they could be used as normal mortals (if you really want too :) )

I am doing a Balrog... and trying an Uruk-hai, someone made some color conversions that would do nicely for normal orcs.

I may be able to find a simple elvish type crown for an Elrond leaderhead... I'll have to look into it.

I'd love to be able to do the Nazgul on land and air... maybe I'll work on it :)

And a woodelf archer wouldn't be too hard... just changing the armor to something more leafy :)

This helps alot with the MTG mod as well. Thanks

GIDustin

Great job as usual. :)
Well geez, I wanna add these units to my mod, but than the mod will be like 40 Mb! LOL! :D
Hum maybe I will replace 1-2 units..........

Absolutely amazing units Kinboat!! If you can make that Uruk-hai I'll give you my first born son.

Originally posted by Booda
Absolutely amazing units Kinboat!! If you can make that Uruk-hai I'll give you my first born son.

Ah the flesh trade... wait we trade that here. :eek:

So how do you ship something like that?
Are you offering a product already made or is this an eventual podution? If eventual I recomend Kinboat withholding his production untill payment is ready. :)

How do you responde to Booda's post without it sounding creepy?

How about keeping the first born son (I don't like being Rumplestiltskin :) ) And send me a cash donation :) (joking of course)

Top Bottom