Screenshot of the Day #106: Overlap

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was at war with the Russians and decided to sign a peace treaty with them. They agreed and also gave me the city of Ise, which they had captured from the Japanese. Yet somehow, the city of Kursk was able to keep working a square that was right next to Ise - even though it was in my territory!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd106.jpg

Thanks to toh6wy for the screenshot.

I've seen this a lot, but this screenshot had the cleanest example of that.

Indeed, this is fixed the nxt turn. I guess that has to do with the way the map is updated, which also means that you cannot ask the AI 'out or else' the turn you found/capture/receive a city.

Originally posted by phizuol
The friendly Apache tribe has taught us the secrets of Fission!
You can only get techs from the first tech tree though.

Originally posted by JoseM
This always happens, but its always fixed in the next turn.

Yep, i confirm... ;)
Probably peace happened on your turn, so the AI did not have time to adjust and move his citizen out (although it should happen automatically)

Hey thunderfall, you shoulda named this SOTD "immagration" ;)

But how was Kursk able to work that square? they're obviously not at more than 10 culture...so how'd they get a worker in there?

Originally posted by QwertySoft
But how was Kursk able to work that square? they're obviously not at more than 10 culture...so how'd they get a worker in there?

He said that the city used to belong to the russians as well. Therefore, since it was in the boundries of Kursk's "fat x," it was workable, even though they hadn't full expanded culturally.

Top Bottom