New Unit: Wild Griffin

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
The same model as my previous Griffin but this time without the rider. I've also changed the one attack animation and added some color to the wings. If you wanted to you could change the INI file and just remove the third attack entry (WildGriffinAttackA.flc) This would make it lunge and then just repeat the claw attack instead of looping all three.

File: (it's a big one 2.87mb)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Wild_Griffin.zip

Preview:

Attachments

• wildgriffinpreview.gif
    wildgriffinpreview.gif
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,588
Nice! I love the color on the wings! You have to be one of the most talented unit creators in the entire civ comunity!

Edit: Any chance we can get an eagle? That would be very cool for a Tolkien scenario.

An Eagle! I do this wonderful half eagle half lion monstrousity and all you want is a plain old vanilla EAGLE!?!

Yeah I think I can do that :)
(It'll go on the bottom of my list though :) )

I believe the giant eagle from LOTR was called a Roc if Im not mistaken.

Originally posted by COAtlantis1745
I believe the giant eagle from LOTR was called a Roc if Im not mistaken.

Actually the roc is coming from the Tales of Arabian nights (1001 nights tales).

It reminds me of the eagle from He-Man......:hmm: or was it She-Ra?
Anybody remember? Anybody? :(
Now we have a riderless one to paste upon :) Thank you.
Curious to who puts what on his back :)

Well I have a few big projects (Balrog, Ettin, Sea Serpent, Uruk-hai) and one or two smaller jobs... Don't really know what will be finished up first... Although I'm currently working most on the Balrog with 3 of the 9 animations done. For some reason I can't picture an eagle from He-man... Drawing a blank :) And as far as I remember the Giant Eagles in the Hobbit and LoTR were just called Eagles... Roc's are mythical birds (from the Arabian Nights and other sources) that were big enough to carry off an Elephant.

It's my eclectic IQ, sorry. :( It trips me out sometimes with stuff like this. hey, this reminds us of something TWENTY YEARS AGO! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I found it, it's screech :) not a good picture, but it might help the remembering. Looking at it, it's not as cool as I remember ;)

Attachments

• screeech.jpg
    screeech.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,739
Originally posted by Kinboat
Well I have a few big projects (Balrog, Ettin, Sea Serpent, Uruk-hai) and one or two smaller jobs... Don't really know what will be finished up first... Although I'm currently working most on the Balrog with 3 of the 9 animations done. For some reason I can't picture an eagle from He-man... Drawing a blank :) And as far as I remember the Giant Eagles in the Hobbit and LoTR were just called Eagles... Roc's are mythical birds (from the Arabian Nights and other sources) that were big enough to carry off an Elephant.

Great job again! :goodjob:
Oh and I cant wait for the Balrog, Ettin, Sea Serpent and Uruk-Hai units! I will add those to my mod!

Hmmm I think I will add this wild griffin as well somehow... :p

Top Bottom