Screenshot of the Day #107: Surfing Swordman

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Listen to the story of the surfing swordman... :)

I tried to separate units from an army as specified somewhere in civfanatics.com But one of my swordmen choosed to stay on the galley and surf as in the "Apocalypse Now" movie.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd107.jpg

That's a good way to intimidate your enemies! :D Thanks to SuperMurge for the screenshot.

My goodness. 107! How many of these damn things do you got TF :D

Pretty talented swordsmen BTW

Originally posted by cgannon64
I've never seen a French version before...what's "a.p.J-C"? Something Jesus Christ? :hmm:

Very good observation, cgannon64! You are right. a.p.J-C is an abbreviation for "après Jésus le Christ," which means, "after Jesus Christ."

You're right, it's just like Apocolypse Now - :D

Maybe the game decided to "show" you which unit is on the galley?

That or maybe it's just a new sporting event.... Galley surfing

Cool it's Civ3 in French. Quite a different language than I am accustomed to in viewing the SOTDs.

What I don't understand is why are there two ruins next to each other. Weren't there cities there, and isn't it that cities can't be right next to each other?

On the very most right button in the middle, it's a picture of a sword. What is that?

HBDragon, the first city was built, then burnt. Then the second was built, then burnt. I once had 3 next to one another--one more and I woulda have a 4 square ruins.

LOL! Interesting! :D

I wish I had saved the one I had yesterday, doh! I went into revolution and the screen that comes up where the advisor says something to the effect of "Your Democracy is going into revolution and you civilization is descending into anarchy", for some strange reason it didn't give the government I had and replaced it with anarchy. The advisor said "Your anarchy is going into revolution and descending into anarchy". Going from anarchy into even worse anarchy :eek: .

Top Bottom