New Unit: Balrog

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
"It came to the edge of the fire and the light faded as if a cloud had bent over it. Then with a rush it leaped across the fissure. The flames roared up to greet it, and wreathed about it; and a black smoke swirled in the air. Its streaming mane kindled, and blazed behind it. In its right hand was a blade like a stabbing tongue of fire; in its left it held a whip of many thongs.
'Ai, ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'"

Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I suppose it could be used for any demon or the like. Some known problems: The size :eek: Sorry... But I think it's worth it. Another problem, related to the size, is that the AttackC and Death FLC's won't work properly in Flicster. They work great in the game but Flicster will crash (at least it does for me every time) if you open either of those two FLC's and try to switch to the animation view. I could view the animation when it was just a Flicster storyboard file but as soon as I opened the completed FLC it crashed. I'm assuming this is because of the large size of those two animations, which helps to make this a very large download. Not a big problem since it shouldn't effect game play.

Thanks to Ripptide for supplying some sounds for me to chop up and to Kal-el for suggesting big cats for the roar.

File 1 (2.6mb):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Balrog_Part1.zip

File 2 (2.7mb)::
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Balrog_Part2.zip

Just about 9mb when unzipped...

Preview:

Attachments

• balrog_preview.gif
    balrog_preview.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 5,446
And here's a preview of the death... One frame from the north direction. The fire looks slightly different in the game because of the transparencies and some small color issues.

Attachments

• death_teaser.gif
    death_teaser.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,389
Absolutely amazing, while I have no use for it since I dont play the game, I'm downloading this one just to view the animations, amazing...

For a moment there, I thought my Infantry were going to duke it out against a boxer in the streets of Las Vegas.

Nonetheless, great unit, as usual.

OMG MY FAV CREATURE! :D
Awesome work Kinboat! :)
PS.
I will add daemon summoning advance to my mod! WOOT!
/me is excited.

I'm speechless...

This this is really an amazing unit. :goodjob:

Attachments

• balrog.jpg
    balrog.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3,875
What a wonderfull looking unit! :goodjob:

Awsome.

Top Bottom