India PTW 100*100

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
Here it goes. After Egypt, this is the area South-East of it, ranging from Oman to Assam and Birma to Southern Persia.
And of course a large India in the middle.

It seems like I haven't corrected the map enough so it looks "a bit" stretched but no too much.

Once again 4 maps

Map A : resource-free for modders

Map B : Civ3 resources - playable

Map C : Accurate resources (special resource file)

Map D : a bunch of historic/recent cities placed to help modders identify their places on the map.

Map B, playable with standard Civ3/PTW resources.

Most are accurately placed based on the following rules:

- ferrous metals --> iron
- rare metals --> aluminium

Some are more scattered or put in places where they represent the trade links (ie incense in Oman).
10 players (Oman, Persia, Pakistan, Southern India (Bangalore), Sri Lanka, Northern India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Tibet, Burma). Maybe an eleventh would be good East of Bangladesh, North East of Burma (China, Lao ?)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/IndiaB.zip

Nice map, but i dont really like the way you put the terrain in western and eastern india, other that that its great.:)

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Nice map, but i dont really like the way you put the terrain in western and eastern india, other that that its great.:)

What do you mean : grasslands in the East, plains/deserts in the West ?

Is it the look or is it you think terrains are wrongly placed ?

Here is a picture I took. This is a very good idea for a map. :goodjob: I was thinking of doing it myself but probably won't now. One critique I would make is that the map would be better if the terrain were more varried, rather than having large regions with the same terrain. You can have realistic mountain ranges without having every square be mountain.

Attachments

• india.jpg
    india.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,358
Particularly up in Nepal/Bhutan areas, there are some highland plateaus.

Southern India I would assume should have more jungle.

I don't think Pakistan should be mostly desert...

Map looks impressive though just like the Egypt area one.

Originally posted by Procifica
Particularly up in Nepal/Bhutan areas, there are some highland plateaus.

Well, it is actually a very thin line south of the mountains, supposedly represented by the hills line. But I guess I will have to do more. I did not think people would be interested in Tibet, but obviously I was mistaken ;) .

Southern India I would assume should have more jungle.

I did not put so much one the coasts to make it playable. But I can add a few more. The Dekkan plateau though has no jungle. Actually jungle in India is centered mostly on the middle of India.
Now there is still the problem of the way terrain types show on coasts. For instance, I had to put some plains in the Thai peninsula to reflect the shape of coasts where grasslands would have been much better.

I don't think Pakistan should be mostly desert...

Well, Pakistan does not have many grasslands and there is still the problem of the rich lands that deserts create when a river goes through. Thought that would cash in the food of the Indus valley while showing the agricultural poorness of the surrounding lands. I am working on trying to improve it.

Map looks impressive though just like the Egypt area one.

Well, thanks !:)

And glad to have some feedback BEFORE completing the other versions.

True, I was thinking more of between Bombay and Madras or so...

Plains might be a better substitute for some of the desert. Maybe a 2 desert/1 plain ratio of sorts would work good.

I would think also that the Himalayas would have a few mountain passes. (represented by hills or non-snow capped mountains)

Keep up the good work.

Burma looks really good, as does Persia.

this is how i would like it:)

Attachments

• india.jpg
    india.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,319
Don't forget the desert in pakistan. :)

The "more varied terrain" (bengal/bangladesh), should be mostly grassland and a few hills, as its a very very heavily densely populated area.

The west India plains probably could use just a tad more variety as well, just to keep it interesting. :)

OK, I have updated the map A (others will come after India A is OK for everyone).

There is one thing I did not change though, that is the bay of Bengal. It is so rich I have to put grasslands (desert definitely would not fit).

How much do I miss more terrain types !

Top Bottom