Deity
Map of San Francisco Area
Made by LesCanadiens aka CloutierFan02
180x180 8 players
Resources randomized
Comments and/or constructive criticism would be
appreciated and can be sent to CloutierFan02@hotmail.com
Thanks for downloading!

See post near the bottom for vanilla civ3.

Attachments

• san francisco area.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 432
And a screenshot.

Attachments

• thtrhr.jpg
    thtrhr.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,001
Its pretty good, but wht San Fransisco? BTW can you make a standard map of it?

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Its pretty good, but wht San Fransisco? BTW can you make a standard map of it?

To the first part of your post, I'm working on a bunch of cities, interesting coastal ones, no inland cities, since SF is done, I've progressed to working on Vancouver.

Hmm, not sure. Is there a way to take the map and simply resize it, and it changes the shape of the landforms to match the smaller size?

Oh, and btw, how do you make it so the urls in your sig have the word "Here" but are linked to a specific page? And how do you resize text in your sig?

Ohhh, not just SF but the whole Bay Area! Nice!

Originally posted by LesCanadiens
Oh, and btw, how do you make it so the urls in your sig have the word "Here" but are linked to a specific page? And how do you resize text in your sig?

By doing something like this (without the space after the initial bracket)
Code:
[ URL=http://forums.civfanatics.com/misc.php?action=bbcode]Here[/URL]
[ size=3]bigger text[/size]
Take a look at this page for details.

having all the water be coast... can you build ships? is tis fresh water?

Nice map:goodjob:

One critique though. I understand randomizing the resources but in the case of wine I think it is a bad idea. Napa Valley and Sonoma County are recognized for having some of the best terroir for making wine on Earth, even by French winemakers. These areas are in the northern part of your map. This link should give you an idea where, just go down to the USA and click on California. This is a great resource for putting the grapes in the right places on ANY map. I am a bit of a cork dork so maybe I am the only one who cares.

after vancouver would you cansider mapping the los angeles area? there are alot of valleys and the mountains/deserts should make good places to put resources. the sf one looks great though!

but there is an island about 5 miles long and 2 miles wide acrosse from San Fransisco, but west of Oakland. there are also no mountians in San Fransisco, but you're map is cool. i'll download it.
________
TOYOTA INNOVA SPECIFICATIONS

kick ass map man, kick ass!!!! can you venture into an Indiana?

when i try to open the vanilla Civ3 file, a window pops up and says: "Error. Not a valid Civ3 Scenario file."

I know that the version for vanilla civ3 i posted does not work, and I am working on it, but I have very little spare time right now, so other matters take priority over it. But I will try to fix it soon.

Top Bottom