Border Change - Abolish District of Bohemia?

Do you approve the border redesign shown below?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
This poll is a border redesign that, if approved, will abolish the District of Bohemia (aka Capital District) and add those lands to The North Province. The following map shows the borders being proposed (blue = existing, yellow = new). Only the District of Bohemia and The North Province borders will change under this proposal.

Poll Particulars

Poll duration: until quorum is met.
Quorum (<24 hours): 11 (with 2:1 ratio in favor)
Quorum (>24 hours): 16
Discussion thread
Informational poll

EDIT: There are currently some problems with the file server. If you cannot see the map above, it simply shows The North Province borders enclosing the Capital District.

This proposal has the full support of Domestic. It makes no sense why Bavaria would not be in a province, and no province deserves the honor so much as the North.

I vote no for many reasons.

I would enumerate if I could see a map...

Edit: For the simple Reason that this does not follow the lay of the land borders are suppose to. The current borderr follows the geogprahy.

@goonie - I'm keen to know what your many reasons are. Why didn't you voice them in the discussion thread? Would you care to tell us what they are?

The map is in the first post of this thread.

The District of Bohemia was created by twisting our laws. The decision was to form a province 1 city big but not call it a province so it would not be subject to our laws. The intent at the time was to create laws for a capital district under the control of the vice president or domestic deputy to give these positions something to do. That plan died of atrophy and loss of interest so we are left with an illegal provincial setup and no plan to change it.

Here are the two major problems with the "District of Bohemia":
  • It is totally and completely illegal. Only a twist of some laws, ignoring others and abusing word definitions have made it possible.
  • It makes an Executive office (Domestic Leader) the defacto permanent governor of one of our cities. This directly violates our constitutional separation of powers which places gubernatorial duties on the Legislative branch (governors).

Originally posted by Goonie
Edit: For the simple Reason that this does not follow the lay of the land borders are suppose to. The current borderr follows the geogprahy.
The proposal is the one that does follow geographical borders. The artificial District border that is being removed cuts straight across grasslands following no natural terrain whatsoever. If you want the borders to be geographical then you should be voting FOR this proposal.

What are the rest of the many reasons?

i think i said something about this a long time ago, or maybe it was rantings of a lunitic? -shrug-

@Shaitan

Our current borders do not follow the terrain perfectly either. In a perfect Fanatika, The three Grasslands in Bohemia that border the NP would be in the NP, but that is not the case. I think your proposal is even further from perfect and that is why I voted no.

Also, why bring this up so far into the game?

Originally posted by Goonie
@Shaitan

Our current borders do not follow the terrain perfectly either. In a perfect Fanatika, The three Grasslands in Bohemia that border the NP would be in the NP, but that is not the case. I think your proposal is even further from perfect and that is why I voted no.

Also, why bring this up so far into the game?
My proposal removes a blatantly bad borderline. It affects no other borders. How can that be worse?

I'm bringing it up now because I have the time and inclination to do so, I am now a governor and it is germaine to my position, and the original intent of the District idea has been totally and completely abandoned making this aberration both purposeless as well as completely illegal.

I'm voting yes just to get rid of the distraction of discussing the matter. North should be able to handle the city well enough, and they are Bavaria's principle source for Seal Blubber Soup, Polar Bear Liver Surprise, and Jellied Auk's Beak.

The latter go down well with hot shots of greased rum, a favorite of Bavarian Night Watchmen.

Feodor Ardent
(your conduit to working class Fanatika)

Your proposal Shaitan does remove a blatantly bad border, except it replaces it with another blatantly bad border.

Here is MY proposal that follows the Lay of the Land exactly. This - if we want to abolish Bohemia - is the best way of doing it.

* NOTE * Directly south of Bavaria under the lines and the city name there is a HILL! It is key in my proposal.

Graphic of Borders

Moderator Action: Edited [ img ] tags to [ url ] tags as graphic is very large. --Shaitan
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It is hard to see on your map, but doesn't you plan take a grassland + Mt. Victory?

Edit: Shaitan, the reason I gave Mt. Victory to Taliesan is becuase in your proposal I do not like the big intrusion made by the Norht Province.

Yes, I think thats pushing it too far.

I support this proposal. I dislike Goonie's idea, as I suppose the mayor of Bavaria would then have to contact "several" governors to improe tiles....ehem, and that I say, would be folly

just my 2 fanatikans worth

Paalikles
mayor of Naerva

I voted yes on this proposal.

Shaitan is right (and Ill throw in my 2 cents err goldiets in)

The Provance should be absorbed into the North Provance.

CivGeneral Registers the Senatorial Support on this Proposal (When ITe Quarum ahs passed for my Lt. Govenorship with Zarn)

Originally posted by Shaitan
The forest line is the natural border! If I cut out the grassland I would be abandoning the natural line.

That is a natural border, but a border farther down. I am following a different natural border that alows the borders to be more appealing to the eyes.

Top Bottom