Screenshot of the Day #113: AI Cheating?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was playing a game a few days ago and was barely in the middle ages, had a few tech lead but noticed something strange. The Carthaginians were irrigating without access to any fresh water (and I know they didn't have electricity).

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd113.jpg

So finally we have evidence of the AI cheating!? :nuke: Thanks to David Harvey for the screenshot.

That is scary... I never trusted that AI :shiftyeyes:

How can you be sure they don't have fresh water? You don't have a full map of their empire, and by the looks of it, the map you do have isn't their most current...

Ahh well. Would be more interesting if we had proof that they had no way of getting the water there...

This mystery is solved pretty quickly. :)

At first I thought it's like the bug in Civ2 that allowed you to irrigate places you normally can't irrgiate when you automate your settlers...

That mystery was solved before I even looked at the picture or read this thread!

Thunderfall I sent a pretty good one a while back. If you're running low on material...

Any of the three squares in the FOW can be irrigated. I have also seen cases where the AI first has irrigated a tile to give access to water and later mined it.

... or they irrigate your mines to have access to fresh water. Unfortunately, they don't come back and re-mine...

aaglo, this pic was posted by the SITE ADMINISTRATOR. The super moderator. The powerful maximus. The, let's-kiss-up-to-Thunderfall-because-he-has-a-cool-SOTD-I-sent-him-that-he hasn't-posted-yet-guy.

You may be cool, but you are also a complete (?) idiot ;)

I caught the AI cheating in a recent game.

The situation was that China was at war with the Aztecs when I decided that the Aztecs did not deserve to exist any longer. There were Chinese pikemen in two spots right outside of the last Aztec city when I took the city and eliminated the Aztecs. These pikemen fortified in my territory, which was not connected to the 'Chinese mainland' (I had a ROP with China at the time).

Later, these two units were still fortified in the same position, yet had upgraded to infantry!

Originally posted by dales
I caught the AI cheating in a recent game.

The situation was that China was at war with the Aztecs when I decided that the Aztecs did not deserve to exist any longer. There were Chinese pikemen in two spots right outside of the last Aztec city when I took the city and eliminated the Aztecs. These pikemen fortified in my territory, which was not connected to the 'Chinese mainland' (I had a ROP with China at the time).

Later, these two units were still fortified in the same position, yet had upgraded to infantry!

Actually I've seen something similar in my current game. I am Egypt and Inida is to the south and Rome to the north. India and Rome are at war and of course killing each other in my territory. India has a ton of Swordsman. All of a sudden one turn they are all Medieval Infantry. HUH??? :confused:

I have PTW, latest patch. Methinks there is an upgrade bug.

Top Bottom