Screenshot of the Day #114: Stormy Palace

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was playing Game of the Month #17, and while I was at war with the Egyptians, my citizens spontaneously decided to give me a palace upgrade. Despite the stormy weather (or wrath of an angry god), my brave citizens continued their work!

The graphic was not modified in any way. That was the way the sky looked when the "Upgrade Palace" screen appeared. Notice the palace still looks normal.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd114.jpg

Thanks to Yoshimune for the screenshot.

That's awesome! Probably a glitch.

*"NO! You don't say!"*

Viscious storm. ;) I think I did see that once... in a thread a year ago maybe. I think that happens when there's low mem.

Yeah- I've seen something like this a couple of times. Usually it's the science advisor, for me, that gets his colors inverted. A restart of the game usually fixes it, but it's still kinda cool :cool:.

Cool! :cool:

It reminds me of the lyrics of Enigma - MCMXC a.D. - The Voice & The Snake:
And the earth turned grey
The sea turned black
The rivers turned red
The sun turned cold
The beast turned pale
The stars turned fast
The air turned to poison

Look at the resemblance! ;)

That's awsome! I had a similiar thing happen to me too. I almost sent it in but I forgot. This one's cooler anyway.

This is one of the Cooler SOTD's in a while.
My trade advisor turns red and lime green when mine gets whacked up.
Maybe your people made the gods so mad with their corruption...:hmm:

I have experienced similar things in other games. It seems to happen when my graphics card memory gets corrupted somehow because after that I usually get the same problem each time I start the game. But usually a restart fixes the problem.

Does that look like lava runing down mountains in the background, to anyone else?

It does look like it.:eek:
Maybe (s)he wasn't playing GotM 17 but 16 and you have just moved your palace to Pompeii:lol:
Great SotD:goodjob:

Yeah, nice one. I never had graphical glitches, though. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Definitely a color map problem. Check your color pallette settings on the desktop - only 256 colors?

It's definitely to do with the colours. I checked, and the background is the Palace-starting-picture, but then transformed. I'm still finding out, but if it is a colour reduction, it isn't to 256 colours, because the original picture is already 256. In my opinion, it is a negative image, decreased to 16 colours or thereabouts. No memory-issue to me, just some easter-egg from the programmers.

I had a game start where the grassland arround my start area was gray. I will post it later, I'm at school right now. I named the screenshot 'Ashland'.

I thought "color problems" when I saw this shot. I've had this kind of thing happen - discoloring - but never in civ3.

Top Bottom