Wonder Graphics: Holy Inquisition

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
OK here's the Holy Inquisition wonder to go with the Gallows.

I use it to give gallows for every city on the continent (if you prefer realism the Inquisition should not actually be limited , since it took place also in the New World).

Ukas

Here's the file:

Attachments

• holyinquisition.zip
    18 KB · Views: 1,295
Pic of it

Attachments

• holyinquisition.jpg
    holyinquisition.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,462
Very interesting series of graphics you've come up with Ukas. This could also be used for a Salem Witch Trial "Wonder" if someone had such a need. I don't know why, but that's what struck me first when seeing it. Anyhow, here's a preview of the splash:

Attachments

• holyinquisition.jpg
    holyinquisition.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,258
Got it right Ugly, I'm planning to make a mod with the stuff. The way govts keep their citizens in order is not just about building temples and colosseums.

It's a good thing with Civ3 that improvements and wonders can be marked to work only in specific governement e.g. if your govt is fascist you can build let's say Secret State Police Office to battle propaganda and reduce corruption in your city. Then when you go back to democracy the fascist buildings don't work anymore. So you can also balance your govts with different buildings. I only wish there would be more freedom to adjust stuff.

I was thinking about slavery for the mod. What if there is "a minor tribe" strategic resource with a good appearance ratio OR would appear every time when civilization runs to a goody hut (which is also called a minor tribe by the game). This resource would give like one trade and one shield bonus from trade with a minor culture.

Then your civ invents Slavery Tech (which is not needed to advance to the next era, so basicly you can choose not to use slavery). Slavery Tech with minor tribe resource would make possible to build a coastal 'Slave Trade Center' wonder which would give a city 1+ trade in each trade producing tile. Then also a Slave Plantation improvement which would give 100% more production like Iron Works. Wonders would be obsolete after Solidarity Tech is discovered - but again not necessary for era advancing so you can go on with slavery if you want.

You could also build Slave Units, let's say like workers without population cost with less abilities and slave plantation could be an improvement instead of wonder but then you wouldn't be able to get rid of slavery.

If slavery wonders would be checked only to be used with monarchy minor tribe resource could be simultaneously used by other govts to build Trade Post buildings etc. Then when slavery starts to be obsolete Fascist Govt suddenly starts to need minor tribe resource for persecution - buildings like concentration camps etc.

If you worry about getting to much trade and production bonuses in the game you can simply raise tech rate, unit and building shield and maintenance cost.

When the mod will be finished it will include this and lot more, but since my studies are in final year and there's like two months left and I should worry more about graduating I can't promise too much. But when I get graphics done in my short free time I'll keep sending them here.

Ukas

I don't know if you already know about this, but...

Well, there is a setting to set a "Money Resource" in Civ3, and as far as I have seen, the only thing it does, is spawn that resource at the tile of a goody hut that has given you a gold tribute.

So, maybe if you set this to your "Minor Tribe" resource, whenever you come across a goody hut that gives gold, a "Minor Tribe" resource will appear at that tile. This could simulate having a labor pool (or slaves) from the barbarian huts.

Also, I like your ideas about the slave structures. One thing I would do to balance the positive trade and production benefits, is to make it cause unhappiness, since by dealing with slaves you will have a new population base that will be unhappy - but since the rich/powerful/influential of a society benefit from the luxuries of having slaves, add luxury output bonuses to the structures as well.

"Inquisition, what a show,
Inquisition, here we go
We know you're wishing,
that we go away,
but the inquisition
is here to stay..."

Hey I think I remember that song from somewhere... :lol:
"History of the World"? ;)

Top Bottom