Building Graphics: Concentration/Work Camp

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
Here is a new building based on civ's barracks.

You can use it as a concentration camp for fascist govt, work camp (should be perhaps forced labor camp) for communist govt or prison or something for all govts.

What these kind of buildings usually do is add production, reduce corruption and war weariness, resist propaganda. For my game it adds 50 % production and causes one unhappy faces in the city it's built.

Remember if you make concentration camp require fascism it doesn't appear for other govts so if you change govt back for democracy it doesn't affect your city anymore - realistic or what? You go back fascist, bang!, there they are again.

Ukas

Here be the file:

Attachments

• camps.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,537
Here's what they look like, barbed-wire fence is for city screen production list and button. Note that only difference is flag which changes from kind of nazi flag to kind of communist flag.

Attachments

• bothcamps.jpg
    bothcamps.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3,905
This is great stuff, Ukas. It's nice to see some buildings that offer realism and ignore political-correctness. You've forced me to add a new section to the Library, too ;)

Exelent work on these, I'm working on a WWII mod with realism, but not too complicated (for those not knowing WWII too well, it can be confusing having too many types of tanks or planes etc..)

I've been planning to use a work camp, I want to give the Axis and Comunists the possibility of increased production, but with the offset of loads of pollution. I don't think it should give unhappyness because most of the time they are away from the main population and the locals claime to be unaware of them.

Things like this are a good way of adding to the way a government works. It increases your modification options and therefore gives you more truly unique government choices.

I may have some requests for you in the future.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
Exelent work on these, I'm working on a WWII mod with realism, but not too complicated (for those not knowing WWII too well, it can be confusing having too many types of tanks or planes etc..)

I've been planning to use a work camp, I want to give the Axis and Comunists the possibility of increased production, but with the offset of loads of pollution. I don't think it should give unhappyness because most of the time they are away from the main population and the locals claime to be unaware of them.

Things like this are a good way of adding to the way a government works. It increases your modification options and therefore gives you more truly unique government choices.

I may have some requests for you in the future.

Your mod sounds good, even though I feel like I know WWII bit too well gamewise and else, it's quite reasonable to leave some units away for example from German tanks, no need to upgrade from Pz-I to Pz-II then III then IV then IV2Pf and then Panther etc.

With the unhappiness part it's of course every player's choice but I tend to think camps in Germany caused opposition and resistance within the military at least. The resistance reached its culminations in Hitler's assassination attempts. Same with Soviet Union, communist system fell finally because subordination caused a reaction. I also would give the camps high maintenance cost because of obvious and indirect reasons, like govt trying to keep the camp system in secrecy.

I'll be happy to help with your requests if I have time, studies are keeping me busy every now and then.

Ukas

Great building:D
BTW where do you get your ideas;)
Originally posted by aaglo
Ukas, your contributions are so cruel... and I like them ;)

Senkin sairas pervo! :p
You're absolutely right:lol:

To make a short story long:
It's a started long ago when I played Civ I which I thought was the best game at the time, but just like Civ3 missed some things in its "message". For some reason I've always been interested in history, politics etc. and in those days specially about how govts and rulers have also suppressed citizens throughout the history. The idea was planted to my head by a friend who was one of the last communists and saw communism being the solution for a more humane state. The communism is great in theory and especially it's designed by the people but still caused great amount of victims. I noticed in many levels people seem to trust their favorite ideas and their own govts no matter what inhumanities they make them to do. From CivI I got a some sort of general idea about development of the civilization for the first time (was lazy in school) but from the day one I missed the diversity of the real history. So, I decided to study art and wait for the game to develop so that I can bring my ideas in it.:rolleyes:

Ukas

Btw, I'm from Oulu and Kärpät is gonna win.:beer:

Originally posted by Chris85
Good work Ukas, it's about time we see the dark-side of civilization show it's cruel face. :goodjob:

The funny thing is that some people would view this as nasty, and not to be allowed on CFC. :(

I see you have made concentration camps, slave trade markets, etc. Are you making graphics for any certain mod or just random ones?

BTW All your graphics look great, but I dont really have a category for them on my site and due to hosting space restraints, I dont believe there ever will be one. :(

GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin

The funny thing is that some people would view this as nasty, and not to be allowed on CFC. :(

I see you have made concentration camps, slave trade markets, etc. Are you making graphics for any certain mod or just random ones?

BTW All your graphics look great, but I dont really have a category for them on my site and due to hosting space restraints, I dont believe there ever will be one. :(

GIDustin

Well I guess the concentration camp improvement may ruin the day for somebody who's relative has been in a camp regardless of whatever reason I sent it here. And there are ppl who do not like to think about moral issues when playing a game. But still I don't feel like it should not exist. As said the human history is also about these things.

I'm making both. Until my mind is clear about the mod I'll keep sending buildings here. Too bad about your page, I really like it and have downloaded lot of stuff from it. Very easy to use and nicely presented and I wouldn't have minded at all if my buildings would've have been there. But I guess ppl will find them from here too.

Ukas

Ukas could you make this without the smoke and smoke stack, without the smoke and smoke stack you can use it for the middle ages.:)

Originally posted by Bobisback
Ukas could you make this without the smoke and smoke stack, without the smoke and smoke stack you can use it for the middle ages.:)

Why not, but then there are barbed wires which were invented in the industrial era. Then again smoke stacks there were in the middle ages, but of course not this tall. But since it's a five minute job I'll remove them smokestacks.

I've been planning to make a prison serie from the ancient to modern times though. You could also use the slave plantation as an improvement to portray the camp in the middle ages.

Ukas

Attachments

• nosmokecamps.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 314
That's just what I need.:)

:evil:

*We all know Saddam has 'em.
*We had 'em in WW2.
*The Pope? You betcha'... he has 'em too.

Attachments

• concentrationcamps.gif
    concentrationcamps.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,860
is that the yellowish one?

I didnt know, but I took his word for it . . .

GIDustin

Top Bottom