Screenshot of the Day #115: Amphibious Tank

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was airlifting modern armor over to another continent and I think I moved one unit too fast. It ended up right next to the city in the water! I saved the game, reloaded and it was still there. It might fix itself when I end the turn.

Thanks to Terans6 for the screenshot.

Eh, :)
Interesting SS. Bugs are everywhere! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a unit extracted from the army in Texcoco if it came from a version of the game where it was possible.

Graphic glitches were common when units were removed.

Isn't that just a tank, loaded in a ship, which has just been selected?

Kinda like how the ariplane was on land next to the city a few SOTDs back.

A few??? Hygro, that was back in the 80s...that's a lot of screenshots, I can tell you that. But interesting screenshot, I can say.

I think i might know how he did it. My little brother does it all the time(He airlifted a tank into an enemy city:confused:). When you have airlift selected you can use the arrow keys to move the screen view and if you don't move the cursor you can still drop. This also works with bombing :lol: .

oh yeah i forgot also works for paratroopers. they'll have to make a patch that debugs that. darn

whoa! I'm gonna have to try that!

Awesome! That does work! (Mac Civ 3, 1.21g)
I'm surprised no one has caught this bug before!

Once I had an immortal end up in the water. But it had been in an army and I accidently told it to move. It LEFT the army and walked on water!

It works on 1.29 too, but it's hard. Even if you move the cursor a little bit, it will switch from the bombardment to a 'no' cursor.

I was actually attacked once by an AI amphibious tank. A ship full of marines pulled up next to a coastal city and attacked... 4 or 5 marines attacked... then a tank attacked right off the boat!!

First and only time I've ever seen that. Rare enough to see the AI use marines for an amphibious attack.

Anyone else experience a non-marine amphibious attack?

(Was playing Kel-el's (sorry if I spelt name wrong) Earth map 1.6 -- I don't think he modded that rule).

Kal-el's earth maps I don't think have any modifications to the rules - and if so there wouldn't be so much of a dramatic change.

Top Bottom