Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderZord

Out to lunch
Compatible with Civ III 1.29f and PTW 1.21f or 1.27f

This link will always be to the lastest released version:

PowerBar 3.6 beta

Note: Current problems being reported with this beta version:
1) Error message stating 'Multiplayer mode detected' & PowerBar shuts down. DO NOT USE a custom leader name with the standard game or scenario - let your tribe use the default leader name. (Customer leader names appear at the same location in memory as multiplayer names, therefore cannot be used until I find a different method to prevent PB's use in MP).
See this post for workaround:Using custom leader names with PowerBar post
2) Some users STILL reporting error 6 or error 9 (overflow and subscript errors) - I am currently trying to locate the source of these bugs.

Version 3.5 beta seems to have fixed this problem for most users - no current reports :)
See readme.txt included in zip file for full description and version history.

Synopsis: PowerBar is a memory trainer for players and mod makers of Civ III - Players can complete or supress Gold, Research, Production and Population Growth for ANY civilization or city. PowerBar can also reveal the entire world map or Clear Jungle or Pollution for any civilization, build roads for any city or pave their entire territory and upgrade all roads to railroads. Players can select a group of units via filter controls and then heal, promote to elite or teleport those units to anywhere on the map. A 'SuperUnit' function turns units invincible and with infinite range and attacks.

Thanks for your patience! ;)

I have just uploaded the latest PowerBar version (see the link in the first post). The new version is PTW 1.21f compatible and I have tested the version as much as possible & have not seen either overflow or subscript errors...but it is a beta! :rolleyes:

I have also restructured the timing on the auto functions so they are not constantly running memory edits, but watching for turn changes and then making the updates just once. That makes the superunit function much more efficient.

Please report any old/new problems on this thread and I'll address them as soon as possible.

As always, any feedback is appreciated!

:soldier:
I have just downloaded the PB ver3.2.1 beta and I still get a "run time error 9 Subscript out of range", when I try to load a previous saved game on Civ III.
I also tried to load a previous saved game on PTW, received the following error--"Incorrect memory offset for Bldg_Data_Pointer. Unable to load game data. Check patch compatibility."
I have used the PB on Civ III so I know your work, it must be timing and headspace of the operator. What am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by Walkingwarrant
:soldier:
I have just downloaded the PB ver3.2.1 beta and I still get a "run time error 9 Subscript out of range", when I try to load a previous saved game on Civ III.
I also tried to load a previous saved game on PTW, received the following error--"Incorrect memory offset for Bldg_Data_Pointer. Unable to load game data. Check patch compatibility."
I have used the PB on Civ III so I know your work, it must be timing and headspace of the operator. What am I doing wrong?

I've been known for a brain cramp myself... but the error message is new, so I did get the right copy out :rolleyes:

Walkingwarrent - try closing down all other programs & have just powerbar and civ III running. That error message means it's not finding the data in memory where it's expecting it to be. (I'll ask the obvious too - you did update PTW to the 1.21f patch?)

As far as the older game still getting the error 9 subscript - can you email me a copy of that game (to spiderzord@msn.com)? I'd like to see what's generating the subscript error still. Thanks!

I've dl'd the new PB and installed the new version of PTW and I can't get PB to work. Everytime I load it senses multi-player mode and shuts down. I'm playing a single-player mode so I have no idea as to why it's doing it. I'm currently running win XP if that matters.

Originally posted by SpiderZord
Thanks for your patience! ;)

I have just uploaded the latest PowerBar version (see the link in the first post). The new version is PTW 1.21f compatible and I have tested the version as much as possible & have not seen either overflow or subscript errors...but it is a beta! :rolleyes:

I have also restructured the timing on the auto functions so they are not constantly running memory edits, but watching for turn changes and then making the updates just once. That makes the superunit function much more efficient.

Please report any old/new problems on this thread and I'll address them as soon as possible.

As always, any feedback is appreciated!

Spiderzord,

My wife and I will be trying out your new model Powerbar today with PTW 1.21f. I will let you know how it goes. And thanks in advance.

:)

Originally posted by retroflow
Spiderzord,

My wife and I will be trying out your new model Powerbar today with PTW 1.21f. I will let you know how it goes. And thanks in advance.

I can only imagine what you and your wife get up to with a powerbar...:goodjob:

I use the utility only to reveal the map first turn to decide whether my starting land mass is worth playing, and I have noticed that powerbar does not shut down. It acts like it will, but 15 minutes later it is still shutting down. Once you CTRL-ALT-DELETE it, then PTW fails to function properly (civ select screen has blank pull downs, wont let you change enemy civs, etc)

GIDustin

I have the same problem as 'Kurse'. When I try to play the new version 3.2.1beta, I try to load Powerbar and I get the message that it detects multiplayer and then shuts down. I am only playing a single player game.

thanks for your help,
Ben E. Gas

Is anyone NOT having trouble? :crazyeye:

Note: If you are having trouble getting PowerBar to run, shut down any extra programs running PRIOR to running Civ III...

The nature of memory trainers - they only work if the memory values are being found at the 'expected or typical' locations. Every extra program running in memory can possibly shift the locations that Civ III normally 'chooses' when it loads into memory. Someone mentioned on the previous thread that running windows with a different language (other than english) was interfering with PB, but when they switched to english it seemed to run fine.

Kurse - I'm running XP now, so thats not an issue. Try the above suggestions and email me if it still isn't working...

GIDustin - sorry, I'm not following you. You begin a game, load PB and use it to reveal map - if it looks OK, THEN you shut down PB (using the X close box upper right)? PB never completes shutting down? Please email me the details - thanks!

Not wanting to make even more trouble, but every time I try to run Powerbar (I've tried you suggestions already) It pops up this error:

A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found.

How long is it supposed to take before PB completely shuts down, because every time I have loaded it, it takes 5-10 minutes before I CTRL-ALT-DEL it. All the functions work in game, it just doesnt ever want to stop.

GIDustin

Unfortunately shutting everything down doesn't fix anything. My language is English and I've had no problems with 3.0.9 after I loaded it on my new computer. Sorry for the extra work, Spider.

Originally posted by SpiderZord
Is anyone NOT having trouble? :crazyeye:

Note: If you are having trouble getting PowerBar to run, shut down any extra programs running PRIOR to running Civ III...

The nature of memory trainers - they only work if the memory values are being found at the 'expected or typical' locations. Every extra program running in memory can possibly shift the locations that Civ III normally 'chooses' when it loads into memory. Someone mentioned on the previous thread that running windows with a different language (other than english) was interfering with PB, but when they switched to english it seemed to run fine.

Kurse - I'm running XP now, so thats not an issue. Try the above suggestions and email me if it still isn't working...

GIDustin - sorry, I'm not following you. You begin a game, load PB and use it to reveal map - if it looks OK, THEN you shut down PB (using the X close box upper right)? PB never completes shutting down? Please email me the details - thanks!

PB has to delete all the changes it's making so it takes a minute or two and can take much longer depending on what type of resources your computer has. Try cleaning up your comp with a defrag and see how it goes after that.

Originally posted by GIDustin
How long is it supposed to take before PB completely shuts down, because every time I have loaded it, it takes 5-10 minutes before I CTRL-ALT-DEL it. All the functions work in game, it just doesnt ever want to stop.

GIDustin

Originally posted by Strider
Not wanting to make even more trouble, but every time I try to run Powerbar (I've tried you suggestions already) It pops up this error:

A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found.

Run this:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/vb6.zip

That should fix your problem.

GIDustin

its working, its working ! :D

thumbs up, spiderzord...for me, the powerbar works both in PTW 1.21 and civ3 1.29, no problems so far, woohooo... [dance]

Just thought I would chime in and say that once I was patient, the program did shut down. I guess I just figured that a program should take less time to stop than it did to start up.

Thanks

GIDustin

Great -- now I have to find where to get this PTW patch 1.21.f ---- ha ha!!

I play a few other "Stg. games"; but none have as many involved forum members. No other game programer company reacts as well & faverably to their customers. Like so many others of us; "I'm a CIV-AHALIC" and proud of it.

The members of the Civ forums & the Civ porgrams have much to be proud of themself. Few others treat their people so well!!

Well I have to go find the PTW v.1.21.f patch. See you all later.

I cant open PB for PTW 1.21F i get following error message:
runtime error 339 MSCOMCTL.OCX IS INVALID ,MISSING etc
I have found an earlier thread how to fix this but my problem is I dont have this file at all. I am using winxp professional.

First - Thanks Kurse and GIDustin - both having trouble w/ PB but take the time to help others... :goodjob:

Kurse & Ben E Gas - I'm not sure why it's not clearing the MP hurdle, but I have a debug program I wrote a while ago that does a memory dump to a text file. If either of you can volunteer for some troubleshooting, I'll email you the program and you can send me back the text file of the memory dump. Please email me (use the link on any of my posts) to work out the details - thanks!

retroflow - Hope your session went well! :rolleyes:

Strider - Did GIDustin's suggestion work?

GIDustin - If you're playing on large maps, PB does take a while to clean up all the objects it has to store (10,000+ tiles for huge maps).

Lemming & golddigger - good to hear you both are still around ;) It's nice to know PB is working for somebody!

caesar67 - you problem was occuring frequently enough that I put an entry in the FAQ (way down at the bottom of the readme.txt). Let me know if that doesn't help.

I'm going back to my PB improvements list once this wave clears...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom