Chemical attack

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
This is a multi figure modification of Kinboats Gas magic spell, I wanted to make a chemical attack for a scenario I'm working on. Mustard gas was used in WWI and by the italians against abysinia. In WWII more powerfull chemical attacks were available, and air planes gave a potentialy deadly way of deploying them. However at the time chemical attacks were seen as being potentialy as devestating as the attomic bomb is today, so all sides were worried about using them, fearing that the reprisal would be just as devastating. (however there were few worries about using firebombing, that proved to be just as devestating to civilians as gas could have been).

Get the gas here
You can use it for a bombing animation for a plane (A special armoured bomb bay would be recomended, as a hit to any of the gas bombs would likely kill all the crew in the plane, so specialy modified planes would need to be built. Of course CIV III does not allow for changes of bomb load) Or as a cruise missile death animation.

Perhaps it would be used for a Gulf war II scenario, but that has yet to be seen.

Heres a preview;

Attachments

• chemicalattack.gif
    chemicalattack.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,706
Nice. your right it's a Perfect gas attack.:goodjob:

Hmm, I beleve there is a way to have the Cruise missle use that attack/Death animation. Though you would have to create a new version of it like a SCUD missle. Does anyone have any Pitcures of a SCUD Missle since I can certalny make Modifications of the Current Cruise Missle to make it look like a SCUD missle.

As SM said, it would be a perfict animation to use for the Iran-Iraq War, Gulf War, and Operation Free Iraq Senarios

Edit: I have found Dark Sheer's Old Scud Launcher, Hopefully the missle itself is an accurate representation of the Real one

This is really great !
Too bad we can't change the strength of tactical missiles and ICBM to reduce or increase the destruction/pollution radius.
But this is so perfect for specific scenarios.

Great job !

@Smoking Mirror

COuld you possibly make a SCUD Missle unit for this Animation, Thanks :).

Very good! This is definitivly going to be used in a gulf war 2 scenario... (even if iraq dont use them, they still have'em)

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
I could make the gas colour civ specific if any one would like, Or is green a good colour?

The green works well as-is, particularly since it isn't necessarily a unit on its own but more of a bomb/missile explosion animation.

Just as a side note this is gulf war III, the original war was in 1980 when iraq invaded Iran, later it was kuait and today they are being invaded by america and miscelaneous other nations(Just in case any one has not been watching the news).

I'm probably going to make some other misiles for my 20th century mod, they will be done in the same style as the CIVIII cruise missile, floating about ready to attack.

hmm...well...why don't you include all other wars in the gulf area? including ancient wars...that would make this...what? about Gulf War 5000?

:rolleyes:

I guess thats why they are calling it just "the war in the gulf"....

I only call it gulf war III because Sadam was in charge for all three. I know some people would like to hold him responsible for all the problems in the middle east, but the fact is he has only been in power since 1979.

well, thats more then enough..

Very nice. Very sinister, yet in step with the Civ3 style. I like it! ;)

No Part 2 now...Deleted after Uploading all to the Upload Server...Note that the Uploaded Sounds have Both the Attack (Death) for the Chemical Attack and the Run sound for a Bomb like Pesoloco's "Napalm Bomb.
I will leave the RUN sound I posted in the other post just in case anyone just wants it but BOTH Attack (named Death) and the Run sounds are in the new Post added to the Upload Server.
Sorry for the difficulties trying Split Zips here before.

Here is the (RUN Sound Only) for the Chemical Bomb for anyone just wanting it Only. It and the Attack (Death) sounds are both in 1 Zip posted above. I will leave this just in case anyone Only wants the Run Sound.
This sound is for Falling Bombs. I use Pesoloco's "Napalm Bomb" and his files for the Chemical Bomb but substitute the Death FLC with Smoking mirror's Attack FLC. Also change names of the FLCs and Sound files...Rather than "ChenicalBombAttack", I use "ChemicalBombDeath" and "ChemicalBombDeath.wav" ..and change the INI file. IF you have the Napalm Bomb try these settings for the Chemical Bomb in the Editor:

Prerequisite: Chemistry

Unit Statistics:
Shield Cost: up to you
Moves: 1
Operation Range: I use 8 but up to you.
Bombard Str: I use 20 but up to you.
Bombard Range: I use 8 but up to you.
Rate of Fire: I use 5 but up to you.
Class :Land

Standard Orders: Uncheck "Go To"

Special Actions:
Load
Airlift
Bombard

AI Strategies Land:
Cruise Missile

Unit Abilities:
Foot Unit
Cruise Missile
Immobile

Available To: Up to you

Just do NOT try to Unload the Bombs to land from a ship or transport or the Game will freeze...Unload when in a City if you transport over water. I also Enjoy using Pesoloco's balloon for carring Bombs. I make the Napalm Bombs Much Stronger with same settings as above. Try these out...Fun to play with :lol:

Attachments

• chemical bomb run sound.zip
    64.9 KB · Views: 144
Here is the Units_32 Picture for the Chemical Bomb That I am currectly using. NOTE: This is IF you want to use Pesoloco's Napalm Bomb as a Delevery System. This is a small picture of Pesoloco's "Napalm Bomb" above the Green Gas.

Attachments

• chemical bomb units_32.zip
    841 bytes · Views: 140
Top Bottom