"Who's Next" - Who shall be the Next one to go

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
After our Sucsessful Conquest of the Americans. Our Attention should be on who should we attack next.

I recomend Taking Russia First, then China, and then The French.

and also to put in the FA's Attention, we need a spy in China :).

We're getting about 5 panzers a turn now, which should increase. We could disband some of our cavalry to "rush" panzers.

Agree, we should slowly Phase out the Cavalrt while the Panzers Roll out of the Factories.

Panzers are a must. We should attack Russia now and wait until China's MPP with Greece expires to attack China.

I wouldn't disband our cavalry as they can still come in handy as extra attack units. We can also use them to garrison against resistors in newly acquired cities, instead of using infantry to do so.

In regards to our next conquest, I agree that Russia should be the next target. But as much as I would like to secure the entire Western Hemisphere by taking China, I would rather have us set our sights on France. I will look at the save to confirm this, but I believe that France's troops will be more thinned out due to their new American cities. Plus their road network will allow our troops more mobility than the jungles of China. These jungles are the main reason that China should be one of the last pieces of the domination puzzle.

Here are the countries that are on the chopping block that need to be taken out to secure a victory (in my order):

Western Hemisphere
Russia
China

Eastern Hemisphere
France
England

Since the remaining powers seemed to allying with each other, deciding the sequence in which we should take them out may be a an intellectual exercise only.

However, in term of simple efficiency, we should deal with the countries that present the greatest threat of a prolonged defence and give the greatest measure of progress towards our goal of domination.

Given that premise, a campaign against Russia or England would be a waste of time and resources. We should take out (in order) Greece, France, and China, or France, Greece, and China. We may very likely wind up battling all three at once, in which case we can wall off China and focus our efforts on the longer eastern border.

Actually, I think the use of our remaining cavalry against Russia or England would be an excellent way to end their period of usefulness. If I remember correctly, neither has replaceable parts, meaning our cavalry could still have a chance against their rifles without an artilery back up.

The problem with Russia is Cossacks (if they have saltpeter), but if they don't it shouldn't be a problem and England shouldn't be a problem anyways.

Russia lost their saltpeter, and England doesn't have horses. We were trading horses to England for the allience.

I agree with Octavian on this, actually. Get Russia and England before they get Replaceable parts, then build up Panzers while China's MPP runs out, or just atttack France now with Panzers.

After looking at the save, I see that we can easily gain access to China's mainland. But since their MPP with Greece is still in effect, I would still like to see us take on France after(or even better, before) a quick liberation of Russia.

We should also gain an RoP with England if we don't already have one. This would grant us quick access to the former Roman empire now held by France, so that we may become the fifth and final home(Rome, Persia, America, France, then us) of those cities. They should be easy to take as France will most likely have them guarded by offensive units.

With the following in mind, we should consider attacking France first:

1. The bulk of our forces are already there.

2. France is very close to getting its tanks, so that threat should be removed immediately.

3. Finally, Russia is still mostly roaded territory since they just got(or will soon get) Steam Power. Waiting to attack them until they get a better rail net will give our troops more mobility when the time comes. Quick in, quick out, on to the next victim.......

@Feodor - We want to go the other way. Gobble up the easiest ones first, as fast as possible. That's what blitzkreig is all about.
Hmmm . . . not the way I read about it. Blitzkreig tactics are designed to shock an enemy into strategic paralysis by tearing through his logistical net and defeating his manuevering forces peicemeal. One manuevers around tactical strong points whenever possible, but being distracted from the primary strategic goal for any reason squanders your advantage. Happened to the Germans, Americans, British, Japanese, and Russians in the big war, all for reasons that seemed to make sense to the commanders at the time.

Our overall strategic goal is dominance, and the best way to acheive dominance is to strike hard and fast at the remaining viable centers of strategic resource on the continent. None of these are in Russia.

I think we should also get a spy in France while we can, too. Just to see their army size.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
It is getting cold in russia.. perhaps we should go and warm them up with our Panzers?

Stuck, I am getting the Felling you like Paners a little too much ;)

Shaitan: You are correct. I remember saying that somewhere... I think it was in Goonie's "War on America" thread. Anyways, let's get rid of the Russkies and then take it from there.

Originally posted by Chieftess
I think we should also get a spy in France while we can, too. Just to see their army size.

Yes, CT, let's do that. Hopefully, it will spark the war we should enter right now....against the French. We are right there and France is spread pretty thin due to their new American conquests.

I truly believe that we are almost in a position to take on Russia and France at once, but not quite yet.

I say go for Russia, then England and France, and China as soon as their MPP expires.

Top Bottom