Term 8 Military Department -- The War to End All Wars

Feodor Ardent

Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran
This list will become fully active on April Fools Day. What might be the significance of this? Hard to say, as panzers are no laughing matter. Usually. Rarely. Actually, they can be pretty funny when you call them "Pansies," instead.

:scan: In any event, any and all useful input and intelligence regarding the current movement towards a Domination Victory is welcome on this list.

:grad: Grand General CivGeneral is nominated for Deputy Military Advisor, should he be interested in the job.

:crazyeye: As my first official act on Tuesday, I will request that our next military unit to produce a GL be renamed "Electrical Superstorms." Unless the medication wears off.

Points of discussion:

:borg: France and Greece need to be taken down ASAP. One after the other or together.

:borg: We need to start deploying our armies. I would propose using four panzers per turn to equip an army, the remaining tank production (currently 3+ per turn) to operate as independent units.

:borg: We should also create two infantry armies (to defend our advancing spearheads from counter-attack) and two cavalry armies (quickly organzied from units on hand) and useful for clearing antiques out of backwater cities.

:borg: Until we develop overwhelming strength in armor, I will advise the DP to avoid the temptation to push our panzers out ahead of supporting units. At this time we cannot afford to trade them for longbowmen.

:borg: When we get aircraft and modern naval vessels, we will use them, but there is no compelling reason (at this time) to have a lot of either.

Term 7 Military Affairs Thread

I've made 2 preliminary maps based on the lastest map made by 40J. The first is an immediate zone of "culture" when we take the city. the 2nd has France sectioned off into about 15 cities each.

Russia and England only have 3% of the land. I think Greece has 10%. We'd have half of what we need now.

So, France, England, Russia... and then a civ of our choice.

What about France, Persia, and then England and Russia?

So we're going for the domination victory here? Then I guess we should just toss out the blue peace flag and keep the red one instead :). Why dont we take out the smaller England before going after france?

If CG doesn't take the deputy job, I would like to. Otherwise I would like to be the chat rep.

Originally posted by Chieftess
So, France, England, Russia... and then a civ of our choice.

Does this mean we can win without attacking Greece? or are you simply planning on waiting until we have strengthened our French conquests to attempt an invasion into Greece.

I suspect we can win without attacking Greece, although I would favor the sequence France-Persia-whoever.

First Official Battleplan From the Term 8 Ministry for Military Affairs!

This should allow us to keep the initiative with a minimal delay and allow us to make war with the units we have on hand, rather than recycling them.

Originally posted by burning_phoneix
So we're going for the domination victory here? Then I guess we should just toss out the blue peace flag and keep the red one instead :). Why dont we take out the smaller England before going after france?
I don't want to waste turns conquering a helpless country while a stronger one builds up its military. We can get access to Englands strategic position and its road net with an ROP.

that looks very impressive. would you wait untill the 'tail' completes the rail connection before the plan begins, or is that going on while we attack?

If CG doesn't take the deputy job, I would like to. Otherwise I would like to be the chat rep.
I'll need an official yea or nay from CG.

Anyone who wants the job needs to swear a ritual oath upon the divine altar of Combined Arms Tactics, which I believe the Queen, CivGeneral, and myself have already done.

:borg:

that looks very impressive. would you wait untill the 'tail' completes the rail connection before the plan begins, or is that going on while we attack?
This project is designed for immediate execution, if needed. The Stinger would go in on Turn 3, so we need the Tail to be pushed forward as soon and as rapidly as possible.

Feodor :borg:

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent

Anyone who wants the job needs to swear a ritual oath upon the divine altar of Combined Arms Tactics, which I believe the Queen, CivGeneral, and myself have already done.

Some of us are already ahead of the game on that one. I sold my Civ3 soul to the dark gods of indirect fire a long time ago :evil:

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent

Here is my offical Yea, I am interested in this Job :D And I swear to the oath.

This is the Deputyship Office I would Mostly Like to be in :).

Top Bottom