Term 8 - The North Province: The Foundation of Fanatika

Shaitan

der Besucher
The Flag of The North Province
10 stars represent the 10 (non-capital) cities of The North. Bavaria/Bohemia is represented by the inset Fanatikan flag. The field fades from white (representing the frozen tundra of the High North) to green (representing the bountiful grassland that spurred the growth of The North and much of Fanatika.

Officers
Governor: Shaitan
Deputy Governor: Paalikles

City List
Code:
[b][i]City		Mayor		Notes[/i][/b]
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49034]Androbius[/url]	burning_phoneix
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36804]Bavaria[/url]		Octavian X	Capital of Fanatika! Top Culture city! Heroic Epic, Smith's, Pentagon
Columbia	[i]vacant[/i]
Dapperdan	[i]vacant[/i]
Gunningheim	CivGeneral
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48923]Jedina[/url]		Zarn
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38227]Kuhkaff[/url]		Cyc		Province Capital, Military Academy, #1 Production City!
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38146]Naerva[/url]		Paalikles	Top 10 Culture!
Riga		[i]vacant[/i]
Valhalla	Chieftess	Top 10 City!

Previous Term Thread
Term 7, Governor Shaitan

We are in a very exciting time for The North Province. Term 8 will see us providing much of the military might that Fanatika will need in its many wars of subjugation...er...I mean "enlightenment". We will also be growing significantly with the introduction of hospitals in some of our cities. Due to our close build not all cities will need hospitals. We will be targetting those that will have the best production at their maximum effective population first. These are identified as Kuhkaff and Bavaria.

I would like to welcome back my deputy Paalikles as well as all of the mayors of Term 7. The North Province has a strong tradition of mayoral representation; probably be cause we have so many fantastic and productive cities.

T8 issues

1) Our flag will need a face lift. Our nine stars represent the nine cities of Fanatika (the inset flag represents Bavaria). As we have acquired Denver we have ten cities plus Bavaria. Any suggestions for flag changes?

2) The city of Denver needs a new name. Denver has been a thorn in Fanatika's side since the Americans first snuck in a settler to attempt to steal iron from The North Province. Our culture is quickly overwhelming the meager American culture in the city and the capstone will be removing the hated American name. Suggestions please! :)

City Instructions

Bavaria
Queue: Panzer (1)
New Queue: Hospital (2), Panzer (2), Panzer (2), Panzer (2), Panzer (2)

Kuhkaff
Pop Assignments: Move pop from mined plains in the south to the irrigated grasslands two tiles NE (so the city will start growing again).
Queue: Army (5)
New Queue: Army (6), Hospital (3), Army (7)

Valhalla
Queue: Infantry (3), Infantry (3), Infantry (3), Infantry (3)
New Queue: Panzer (3), Bank (5), Panzer (4)

Naerva
Queue: Infantry (4), Infantry (4)
New Queue: Panzer (4), Bank (6), Panzer (4)

Denver
Queue: Temple (46)
New Queue: Harbor (26) Rush 104g, Temple (60)

Gunningheim
Queue: Infantry (3)
New Queue: Infantry (3), Bank (6), Infantry (3)

Jedina
Queue: Worker (10), Worker (10)
New Queue: Worker (3), Worker (5), Worker (5)

Androbius
Queue: Bank (1), Infantry (3)
New Queue: Bank (1), Panzer (4), Panzer (4), Panzer (4)

Starke
Queue: Panzer (1)
New Queue: Panzer (1), University (2), Panzer (2), Panzer (2), Hospital (4)

Columbia
Queue: Worker (5)
New Queue: Worker (5), Worker (10)

Dapperdan
Queue: Worker (6)
New Queue: Worker (6), Worker (10)

Improvements Needed

Mine and railroad hill 2 tiles northeast of Gunningheim.
Mine & railroad the tundra tiles being worked by Androbius.

Special Instructions

Immediate: Dapperdan is garrisoned by a swordsman. As a coastal city, Dapperdan should have an infantry in attendance. Please swap out the swordsman and send him to the Line or to MP duty in an interior city.

Immediate: Rush harbor in Denver.

Turn 4: Starke will grow this turn. Remove the Androbius pop from the irrigated grassland 2 tiles southeast. The new Starke pop will use this tile (1 tile east from Starke). Remove the Jedina pop that is working forest 1 tile south and put it on some tundra. The Androbius pop that vacated the grasslands will use this tile.

Congrats Shaitan. I know we'll have fun this term as well.
I like the queue for Naerva, and I guess you would agree with me that Naerva wouldnt be in need of a hospital....

*Paalikles takes a good look at the rest of the list as well*
Rest looks good as well
For how long do you intend the cities of Dapperdan and Colombia to be worker factories?

Looks good to me. (I miss the old several page thread :( ) I can't think of how to add to the flag but here are some City names for Denver:
-Fenix :D
-Riyadh
-Windfall
-Iqualit

/me Pops in
Denver = Tophat? To symbolize the thing which now hangs on the wall of the presidential palace, along with a stuffed jaguar, headdress, kimono, and modle Zigzurat. (soon to be home to the communist manifesto, a silk tree, a giant beret, a Man-o-War :)P), an immortal blade and a Pantheon)
If you need any more irrational advice, ill be in my Senate office in Barvaria.
Governor SaaM (not to be confused with a Sir SaaM)

Err - SaaM - The Manifesto was written by Engels and Marx, not by Mao. But I suspect we will get hold of his Little Red book in the future ;)

And: the /me command does not work in the forum :p

I give my support to a name like that - it is a funny name, and it has a historical value.

@Paalikles: I agree. Naerva won't be needing a hospital. I guess we'll be keeping the worker factories pumping until Domestic doesn't want any more of them. Actually we'll probably pump them even after that to speed growth on our big cities (population transfer).

@b_p: I like Windfall. Very suitable for a city stuck out on that hilly windswept promontory. I'll put the rename poll up in a couple days.

@Octavian - Bavaria is linked and updated.

Octavian arent you tired of naming cities after yourself :p

@Shatain: I have updated the Androbius thread with new requests please check it when you can.

Any thoughts on this plan? Sorry it's coming in late but it was inspired by some recent conversation.

1. Hospitals in Bavaria, Kuhkaff and Starke right away.
  2. Immediately add NP workers to these cities until they are saturated at their current land improvement states.
  3. Reevaluate for improvement changes to bring them to their maximum effective populations or 100 shields/turn, whichever comes first.
The benefit should be 3 cities that can produce a panzer every turn. The cost will be approximately 20 workers right away, up to 26 maximum.

Feedback as quick as possible please, the chat is 5 1/2 hours away.

EDIT: I've posted an info poll so CT can get good feedback before the chat starts. Using workers affects all of Fanatika, not just TNP so everybody should be heard. We would also be the model program for other provinces to follow.

I have edited our instructions so CT can opt to use the plan above. She gave feedback in the poll thread that she likes it so we are on our way to having the top 3 production cities in Fanatika (instead of only the top 3 of 5 ;) ).

Governor Shaitan, I would like to make a suggestion for the renaming of Denver. How does Yankee Point sound? Just thought I'd throw that name in the hat.

Also, I'm working on a new map for TNP.

@production plan:
Sounds like an exciting plan. At the moment I do not have access to the game, and cannot look closer into it. I will give you my support for it, since any growth is good growth ;)
Congrats to Cyc for having one of the future top 3 production cities :)

Top Bottom