Screenshot of the Day #123: Time Spent

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's screenshot is mainly for people who don't have PTW, and people who have PTW but haven't completed a game yet.

"Many RPG games have a timer to record the amount of time you spend playing the game. For example, it took me about 120 (!) hours to complete Final Fantasy X. Now this timer feature is finally part of Civ... "

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd123.jpg

I actually suggested this little feature to Firaxis. ;)

Seven hours, huh? My longest game was a pitiful twelve hours. (I'm assuming other posters will be "I remember a game that took 40 hours!) Pretty interesting screenshot, but I'd like to see one with like 1000 hours :crazyeye: (a little exaggerated).

i played a game that lasted 56 hours, with careful micro-management I achieved space victory on a huge pangaea map on diety.

Holy cow! 7 hours?! Thats like speed-civ!

My current game is set to 1,000 turns, 24 civs, huge PTW Earth map, only vic condition is conquest or UN. (I've gotten everyone to war with each other so U.N. probably won't happen :D).

I figure I should hit the 100 hour mark pretty easy with this game. :p

Championship Manager savegames have this info too along with lines like: 'remember to eat' and 'are you sure you have a life ?' (CM's one big point over Civ being that it's open-ended, i.e. there is no end date)

I'd rather not be confronted with how long my games take :D

I played on one of those "super huge" maps. (Like 360x360 I believe) and it took an amazing 138 hours... :eek:

So its your fault that its there, is it...!?

I find the timer really annoying. Like, why do I want to be told how much time I've "wasted" on the game...:confused: (I already know that the answer is "too much")

Congrats on the 7 hours to Domination. And to the end of the Industrial Age even.

It's been a long time since i haven't finish a civ-game. Maybe it's because i'm studying for my month-end tests at the university...
I guess when i finally complete it'll say: "wow... you finally finished your game. It took you seven years... why don't you start playing Civ 5?"

Originally posted by Thunderfall

"Many RPG games have a timer to record the amount of time you spend playing the game..."

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd123.jpg

I actually suggested this little feature to Firaxis. ;)

Just a couple of things more:

1st. There are no computer "RPG games", RPG games require a real storyteller (not a programmed one). Those are RPG-based games or more properly adventure games.

2nd. Thank you for your suggestion. That way i'll really know when to go to the psychologist if i get civ-sick

Keep civilized

One time I was playing FF7 and that took me 137 hours! :eek:

Anyway, as everyone has said, 7 hours is NOTHING.

Most ive played in civ is 43 hours.

7 hours to finish is amazing. I don't trust governors so I manage every city myself. By the late Industrial age, it takes me 15 to 20 minutes just to complete one turn! It normally takes me at least a week to finish a game - unless I lose - that's usually pretty quick. Greyhawk1 mentions Baulder's Gate 2. It has pop-up hints whenever you save. As I recall, one of them was a reminder to get something to eat.

My two PTW games have been a 25 hour UN victory on a large map, and a 15 hour Domination Victory on a standard map, both at Warlord. I think it's a useful feature, as I like to know how long it takes to play each game.

I don't often finish my games, I just get close to it. However, the game I did finish was around 37 hours or so.

I won a histograph in about five hours, my first chieftain regular game victory ever. That was my fastest - I left the game running while I ate dinner and stuff.

I'm curious - what modpack is that? Looks like Snoopy's but changed very much...

Womoks (mainly meant for its beautiful mountains. I'd get it but toher than the mountains I don't like its feel)

Haven't finished my first PTW yet--only been on this game about a month. I am attempting a huge (realworls) map domination victory.... Contquering the whole world is WORK. I have finally conquered the last city on the Eurasian-African contintens, except for Persia and Fance, who are currently allies, with only a few cities each. That makes my city count 200+, and it takes me 45 minutes to complete my moves in a turn That inclused 5 - 15 minutes for the computer to reset it tables when I take a new city.:D

Top Bottom