Building Graphics: "Propaganda" building thread.

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
:yeah: Here they are finally: TV tower, radio station and a broadcasting company.

Have been requested by Smoking Mirror and others. SM is going to use these three buildings for happy faces, that's is one way. Also they increase commerce,culture, science... you name it.

Anyhow I will add some era and governement specific propaganda graphics later when they are finished such Joseph Goebbels Ministry of Propaganda.

:D Call immediately and order yours! :D First five hundred callers will receive 5 Broadcasting Company buildings with different logos on them! ::D Our phone service is open 24 hours a day! :D :D :D

EDIT: In the old package tvtowersmall.pcx was in rgb, not indexed mode used by civ3. The new version is available:

Here

Here's how they look:

Attachments

• tvradiobc-prev.jpg
    tvradiobc-prev.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,769
MaisseArsoye contacted me the other day and said he wanted to add some channels to broadcasting company. I said it's a good idea and promised to add his work here for better publicity and service. I guess people seldom read more than few first posts in an old thread.

MaisseArsoye's broadcasting corporations are :

TF1 ( french, private )
France2 ( frenc, public )
M6 ( french, private )
RTBF ( wallonian, public )
RTL ( wallonian, private )
TSR ( switzerland, public )
Radio Canada ( Quebec, public )
Euronews ( consortium of public companies )
TV5 ( conostrium of public companies )

Here's the preview:

Here's the file

Thank you and let's give a big hand to MaisseArsoye for adding some channel variety for those poor unhappy war weary citizens.

Ukas

Ok, made a new splash for TV. The program is one of the firsts if not the first major public tv broadcast... opening speech from 1936 Berlin Olympics.

Attachments

• tv-splash.pcx
    96.6 KB · Views: 359
Whoo hoo! Thank you Ukas, these are great. I'll use at least one of them as a propoganda station to reduce war weariness (or maybe two of them). :)

(The middle one looks sorta like the Space Needle in Seattle, is that what you were talking about, Qudos?)

Cool, One step closer to finishing my scenario.

Yep these could give happyfaces or reduce war weariness (I think I'm going to make a special Newspaper printers for that one with loads of delivery trucks outside) and they will be a important part of bringing your culture to newly captured territories.

Cool! :eek: I wanna download these babies right into the propagandist ag...er, I mean modern age. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GEChallenger
Whoo hoo! Thank you Ukas, these are great. I'll use at least one of them as a propoganda station to reduce war weariness (or maybe two of them). :)

(The middle one looks sorta like the Space Needle in Seattle, is that what you were talking about, Qudos?)

Say thanks Challenger. TV tower is made after Fernsehe2, which is a German TV tower. I modified it a bit (there's a huge balloon in top of the structure under the mast) to make it more generic. Now it does look like the space needle a little. But also Näsinneula in Tampere, Finland. Hmm. It's generic then, all right.:lol:

Nice one's, Ukas. :goodjob:

The middle one is clearly the Ferhserersturme 2 (or however is is spelled) from Berlin. Even a blind person can see that with his/hers forehead.

Fabulous gfx's!

I love that tower in berlin, have you ever been in the rotating resturant on the at the top?
When I did, me and my mates had awful Hangovers (not being used to the strong german beer, we knocked it back like weak British beer). :) It was a nightmare...

Great stuff as usual - going to use each one.

You may want to update the zip however as TV Tower's small pedia icon seems to be in 16 million colors.

BTW... MTV3 as one of the broadcasting companies? Personally, I found the Pirate look most appealing. :D

Yes, I made the extra logos just for fun. Besides they may serve different culture groups, like BBC and MSNBC for English-speaking western civs, while MTV3 represents small European national channels etc.

Pirate Channel is the one I'm going to use after all, Channel 1 is what I usually watch these days, and sort of dislike mtv3 because of poor quality quiz shows and commercials. But they alone had a decent logo for the purpose. Pale tv1 would have been dull.

Haven't yet added them, thats why TV Tower pedia icon was in wrong format, didn't have chance yet to test it. That's been fixed now and everything works. Thanks for pointing that Drift, I forgot to mention the package was untested. :thumbsup:

It's quite esay to do, Actyally, Ukas did the most difficult part. Maybe I'll make RAI ( Italia ), TVE ( Espana ), RTP ( Portugal ), ERT ( Greece ) or other europeans broadcasting corporations. Ideas, comments and suggestions are welcome. ;)

Top Bottom