Screenshot of the Day #125: Soccerball

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Hmmm... All I did was demand their world map... That is completely uncalled for. And, Mr. Osman, I DO think this is a game. Yes. A game.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd125.jpg

It's nice to know that Osman's favorite game is soccer... :D

Thanks to Rick Hannigan for the screenshot.

Well, you did say give me your world map or suffer

This screenshot got me thinking, is it possible in the editor to change what they say in situations so i can type my own in?

It would be especially fun when i play a mate if i could change it to call him names!

Simo, the text strings are in the file Text\Diplomacy.txt; Pesoloco has even written a diplomacy text editor to make them easier to modify.

It wasn't uncalled for.

You could have easily traded for a world map instead of demanding one. I would get angry too if someone did that. But only in real life. In Civ I would give it to 'em - recall too vividly of my rejections in gotm15 and gotm16. In 15, I gave up a city; in 16, I got my whole civ crushed.

Hey this is supposed to be an international game, both in distribution and in philosophy. The least we can do is call it football!

Of course, that might confuse the Americans ;)

(Yes I am an American, so keep your sense of humor close by)

ITS CALLED FOOTBALL U ACTUALLY KICK THE BALL ALL THE TIME !!!

plus ours is older and more ppl call it football :p

:lol:

Soccerball?!? - Should be Football. In football you kick the ball, whereas in American "football" you run about with it in your hands. Should be changed, and as sgt.hellfish said
"plus ours is older and more ppl call it football :p"

:p

Originally posted by Turner_727

Hey, hbdragon. . . wanna play PBEM? :mwaha: :evil:

If you can send me a really cool copy of that really cool game because that really cool company seems to have screwed up that really cool game and it won't work on my really cool computer.

Short answer: no. Won't even work - check civ3 tech support for details.

I got that same response from the Ottomans for the first time last night.

All I did was demand "flight".

Since he was not in a negotiating mood, I am now pulverizing his entire infrastructure to bits with my artillery SOD while I build some tanks to take over the cities. Oh and his territory is completely surrounded by my infantry as well.

Demanding a tech is major...I've only demanded tribute a few times and got it. That was in 2170AD I think. I was so far ahead of everyone and with tons more gold (I was making 2500+ gpt) that all I could demand was maybe 20 gold and a world map (all their gold)

It was chieftain level and w/ a huge empire was able to crush many civs quickly - 10 5-unit armies are no match for even the heaviest-foritifed cities. It was a mod too.

I was ready to go to war anyway. He'll be gone before I build the UN so I am not concerned about his attitude. This is an emperor game, and I am in the early 1800's. (BTW after last night he only has 2 cities left.) I tried it to see what he would do. I know he would be in better shape if he had given in to my demands.

Sometimes I really don't appreciate American ignorance.
The stupid stuff was the
1) Soccerball thing
2) There is NO SUCH WORD IN TURKISH AS "HIAWATHA".

Firaxis thinks Turkey is China or Korea i suppose. Man at least put a work that looks like a Turkish word, not Korean! :mad:

I start to doubt that whether the text has been edited OR Firaxis is really stupid.

p.s. Turkey is your ally, so and the Iraqi people are finally democratic and free. Liberty to muslims! America is GOD! America is very sexy! America is the BEST! The strongest! The handsomest!
:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

uh, ravenland, Hiawatha is the name of the Iroquios (spelling?) leader, as I was playing as them when i took that screen shot...

and, if you look at the map, i seem to have an especially large land area, as i had just destroyed the arabs, and was looking to pick on the ottomans next, so, i was demanding things to get him to declare war on me (i love doing this... prevents war weariness, as THEY started it...) unfortunately, it didnt work, but the war was quick, as i had tanks and they had... spearmen...

Top Bottom