CEC : Civilopedia Editor for CivIII

Steph

Multi Many Tasks man
Retired Moderator
Here is version 1.2. Tested under Windows XP. I'm not sure it works with Windows 98.

I've used it to make all the civilopedia entries for the two first era of my mod, so I'm pretty confident it works well now!

Perhaps one day I'll make a user manual...

Download version 1.2

Changes in version 1.2:
- Just above the list of entries, you now have the number of entries between ( ). This way I can tell you I currently have 209 techs in Steph's mod!
- When you add a new entry, it is automatically selected. So if you start typing a description before selecting the new entry, it won't go in the great emptyness as before.
- You have a new checkbox 'keep file name". If it is checked, the file is overwritten when you click in generate. If it is not checked (default), a new file is created, and CEC add "_CEC" to the name (I've added this, because it was boring to have Civilopedia_CEC_CEC_CEC_CEC_CEC on my hardrive after several generation).

Changes in version 1.1:
- I have slightly ;) increased the loading speed
- The generated files should not have more and more empty lines.

I have downloaded it and eagerly anticipate the many uses I will have for it.

Thank you.

Looking good.

Finally some competition to C3MT ;)
(Oh well the editors are quite different, but both have the same use, but the UI is different and so is the way of working with the files. I guess this editor is the best for those who relly want's to have full control on the underlying code. My editor gives a more look on how things will look when done)

It's good to see that more tools develop. (I'm a litle disappointed with that all SGEs except mine died)

Thanks for the great tool that you have provided us. I use windows 98 and it hasn't crashed or done anything weird that I am aware of.

One request when you gat the time. It would be helpful to have the text wrap automaticaly in the text windows.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Steph
Well, Im' the first to benefit from it, I'm using it extensively to make my mod, so no need to thank me.

It was selfish reasons who made me do it.

Ah, but you chose to share, and keep us abreast with updates! -- Which means you're not the only one using it extensively to mod :goodjob:

-Oz

How did I miss the release of this tool? Thanks, I was waiting for it! Looks like you released it 2 weeks ago...... :eek:

edit: have you tried to make tables with it yet? I looked over some of my "tables" (such as in the government section) and it looks funky like it does in text book, but in "preview mode" all of the numbers are pushed to the far left and stck on the labels....

Originally posted by Neomega
How did I miss the release of this tool? Thanks, I was waiting for it! Looks like you released it 2 weeks ago...... :eek:

edit: have you tried to make tables with it yet? I looked over some of my "tables" (such as in the government section) and it looks funky like it does in text book, but in "preview mode" all of the numbers are pushed to the far left and stck on the labels....

I didn't check for tables. Try to look in game if they work. I've done nothing to make them work in preview mode (meaning it may works, as well as it may not).

Originally posted by Steph
Well, Im' the first to benefit from it, I'm using it extensively to make my mod, so no need to thank me.

It was selfish reasons who made me do it.

While it may have been for selfish reasons on your part, you didn't keep it to yourself as some would have. And for that reason, it is worth a hearty Thank you. :) and well done.

Top Bottom