PTW Magna Grecia 140 X 140

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
Preview

Attachments

• magnagreciapreview.gif
    magnagreciapreview.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,357
Map B : some resources quite accurate (iron, aluminium, coal and oil) + horses and saltpeter, no other resources yet.

Attachments

• magna greciab.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 426
sorry I did´nt discover the map. Looks great, gonna download now:)

:( Why do I not check this forum out more regularly. I'm in the middle of making a map like that for Peloponnesian War scenario, but, hey, you've done a fantastic job :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Thanks but Ossric's map is probably better for that.

I myself prepare such a scenario (for the new Conquest editor) (I am rereading Thucydides' work) but my map is not detialed enough in Greece so I will just let down Sicily, even though it was a major defeat for the Athenians.

That reminds me I had a map library ready to run and that I did not publish it. Needs some rework.

No, Ossiric map is good, but yours is definitely better for a PW scenarion. Although, I would cut about a sixth or a fifth of the north and take away a bit of the East.

For the PW scenario, were you thinking about a wood resource for ships? And a food resource for soldiers?

Wood resource, definitely yes, In Khalkidia for instance (mentionned in the books) but I had no idea for a food resource.

Now that is intriguing. What do you plan to do (not to steal, just out of interest) with it ? Create special hoplites or mercenary units ?

I'm unlikely to do it anymore, partly because of time and partly because of Conquest. So, feel free to take the idea. :goodjob:

The idea was that Athens relied on Black Sea trade for food. If the Bosphorus were closed, the city would begin to starve. To get that effect, I had planned in putting food in the Bosphorus and Hellespont regions. These would be needed to build any military units except 0 movement Hoplites/ Cavalry which would be expensive and would have a population cost. The Peloponessian League would (locked alliances in Conquest :) ) have this resource in abundance, but it would only be available to Athens through control of certain foreign regions (e.g. Peloponnese, Thessaly, Bosphorus, etc).

This would mean that Sparta could effectively reduce Athens (as it did) by taking control of the Bosphorus and denying Athens control of anywhere else where this resource could be obtained.

OK, got it. Interesting.

BTW I am working on it as on a few other scenarios but basically I am just preparing stuff for Conquests too. Hope I will be a beta tester so as to be able to get ready for the new stuff.

It looks great, but for a peloponnesian war scenario it is hard to make the perfect map. If one includes magna grecia and coastal asia minor then mainland Greece will not be very big, and dont forget that if the map is utterly huge (250*250) it will be a very slow game for most computers... The map i made for my ongoing peloponnesian project is 150*190 and includes around half of Greece, with most of the islands (there are more than 31 civs there, i estimate somewhere around 34, without making all cycladic nations stand alone) (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71715&stc=1)
you map though is good for a number of scenarios :) :borg:

I really like it. Plans for it...yes!

Top Bottom