New Unit: Galloglass

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
"Out of the Western Isles of Scotland, crossing the narrow channel to Antrim in their war galleys, came fighting men. These were the descendants of Somerled and their clansmen and, being half Norse and half Gael, they became known as galloglaich, or galloglass, "young foreign warriors". They came as mercenaries, swords for hire, and they made all the difference in the world. As one writer states, "They added to the natural bravery of the Gael the fighting blood, the love of the open sea, the wanderlust, and the weapons of the Norsemen." The English advance was halted and a Gaelic revival swept Ireland. For the next three hundred years the English tried to subjugate the island but were unsuccessful, due in large part to this force from the Isles. Eventually, in the late 16th Century the English gained a foothold as their increased technology finally overcame the more primitive fighting techniques of the Celtic forces." This was taken from this website: http://hometown.aol.com/macaliste2/gallogla.html

File (717kb)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Galloglass.zip

Preview of the Fortify:

Attachments

• galloglass_fortify.gif
    galloglass_fortify.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 5,625
Wow, I'm already downloading :goodjob: .

I checked it out on Flicster and it all looks great. I thought it was kind of cheeky the way the squire walks away strutting with the sword when the galloglass dies.:lol:

Looks great kinboat. :thumbsup: I wonder how long it'll take Kal-el to find a spot for it in DyP? ;)

I tried to just get him running for his life (not strutting) but now that you mention it I suppose he just made out with a rather expensive piece of iron there :)

:eek:

I love it. :) I am thinking, visually, it might make a good flavour unit for medieval infantry...

or a unit between medieval infantry and knight, for those lacking horses resource?

Probably not historically accurate ideas, but ya get that

:goodjob:

Looks so good!

Great unit! Kinboat, your resume is astounding!

He could be a Celtic unit for Medieval Infantry, or maybe even a Teutonic Knight for the Germans

Nice
I don't really know what I could use him for, but great unit anyway

godamnit! why do you do this to me??? where the hell am i going to put this thing??? arrrrrrrrgh!!!!

since the celts already have a medieval infantry (aka braveheart ;) ) and since this unit is half Norse, maybe med inf for the Vikings???

btw, this is the most beautiful, original, and jaw-dropping custom unit i have seen so far. excelent work. you are a god among insects.

kal-el, berserks replace the longbowman. or do they replace both?

Originally posted by sween32
kal-el, berserks replace the longbowman. or do they replace both?
In the ordinary game they replace the longbowman, but whoever play that?
Sween, btw, did you check the sauron thread?

Top Bottom