Screenshot of the Day #126: The One

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was the only one with nukes and look what the military advisor told me...

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd126.jpg

Is nuke good or bad? That's the question... :nuke:

BTW, I did a search for "nuclear" in the PTW text folder and found this funny line in script.txt:

#OURNUKEFAILED
#advisor Military Angry
Our [expensive] nuclear missile was intercepted by their +#@%! @+!#% [SDI Defense!]

Has anyone seen the military advisor cursing like this? :D

Thanks to Andrea Visinoni for the screenshot.

YES! MY SCREENSHOT WAS SELECTED!

you know the saying, "you're the guy with the gun"? well, thats what your advisor means, but instead he says, "your the guy with the nukes." he means that you are the most powerful, so it doesn't matter if you are good or bad(not true in real life).
________
Dodge matador specifications

Congrats Inter32 :thumbsup:

I like your second quote, SAAM.

I don't get those messages, I just see a little SAM pop out and destroy the missile. I wonder if I disabled it somehow. . .

:lol: The advisor is telling you something...

The quote is from Army of Darkness, when Ash's evil twin accuses him of being a goody-goody too-shoos. Ash says "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun", then shoots his evil twin in the head. Great movie, if you haven't seen it already.

Originally posted by Ed O'War
The quote is from Army of Darkness, when Ash's evil twin accuses him of being a goody-goody too-shoos. Ash says "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun", then shoots his evil twin in the head. Great movie, if you haven't seen it already.

I read the first few responses and was wondering when someone was going to "get it".

Great movie, great series!!
;)

lateralis

Ha! I just got that one the other day! :) Kind of thought about sending it in...

I've got this message today, and i am going to post it as SOTD.

In answer to the sotd #126 : the one, i have posted it this picture. While i was playing the game operation athenas shield.. i launched an ICBM to a soviet city. Since this happen, i thought it will be funny to post it here. Well, here is the image.

EDIT: Nice screenshot, but let me post these SOTD threads. :) -- TF

Attachments

• icbm intercepted.jpg
    icbm intercepted.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,273
Nice screenshot but shouldn't TF post SotDs here:confused:
There is already a thread for other cool screenshots.

Evil Dead roxs

thats funny..i send it on e-mail to thunderfall...maybe i also included as accident on this thread...sorry.

Someone seemed to like Army of Darkness, or maybe just Bruce Campbell (but then who in their right mind wouldn't? :D )

Remember the other Military advisor quote? "Hail to the King, baby!"

What next? "Well, uh, basically we defeated them." "Three armies? No-one said anything about THREE armies." "First they want to fight us, now they want to make peace with us. Blow."

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Remember the other Military advisor quote? "Hail to the King, baby!"

I had the scientific advisor give me a "Hail to the Queen baby" once, on the very first turn of a game. I'm curious as to how the various quotes are selected. I never could get it to replay.

I have had all of them say "Hail to the King Baby!" one time or another.

Top Bottom