New Unit: Gloster Gladiator WW2 bi-plane

aaglo

Furioso!
Here's a rather decent bi-plane for those veteran-lovers :)

Download!

Here's a prewiev of the unit:

Attachments

• gloster.gif
    gloster.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,853
Exelent work, this will do nicely as a generic biplane scout/fighter. I especialy like the optional attack animation, very dynamic. :)

Also the death is very good.

I love this plane! Excellent job!

in civ 3 terms some countries that could use this would be scandinavia, spain (portugal actually but civ3 terms), celts (irish air force), and the chinese. all others already have better planes of the contemporary time period that have already been made as units.

Cool Plane...

well, yea to leave out the obvious aaglo.

"all others already have better planes of the contemporary time period that have already been made as units."

Don't forget, that the Britts fought bravely with these planes for two first years of the WW2. Talk about odds...
Yes, I remember reading about the three Sea Gladiators being the only fighters to defend Malta against axis air attacks for quite a while 1940... And the finns did great with their Gladiators against the USSR during the Winter War.

Edit: Just remembered that the Gladiator even served with the Luftwaffe for a short while! I think it was former norwegian and latvian Gladiators taken by german troops and used for training.

BTW, talking about Sea Gladiators, would it be difficult to make a seaplane version of this, with floats? Tagging an air unit as 'Tactical Missile' and then tagging the battleship as 'Transports Only Aircraft' AND 'Transports Only Tactical Missiles' gives you a spotter aircraft loadable only on the battleship, not the aircraft carrier. Even though the Gladiator never flew with floats (AFAIK) it would look really good as a catapult plane!
:viking:

Good work, aaglo. I love classic planes;) .

I like it so much that i would like to use your sprite for other games. I´ve learnt how to convert Civ3 sprites to Paradox´s Hearts of Iron format and use them ingame. If you give me your permission i would like to adapt your sprite to Hearts of Iron and share it with the modding community. Of course the credits for the work will be to you!!:D

Do i have your permission for this? pleaaaase, pleaaase, HoI´s WW2 fanatics will appreciate your work!

Originally posted by nachinus
Good work, aaglo. I love classic planes;) .

I like it so much that i would like to use your sprite for other games. I´ve learnt how to convert Civ3 sprites to Paradox´s Hearts of Iron format and use them ingame. If you give me your permission i would like to adapt your sprite to Hearts of Iron and share it with the modding community. Of course the credits for the work will be to you!!:D

Do i have your permission for this? pleaaaase, pleaaase, HoI´s WW2 fanatics will appreciate your work!

I am not agloo so I cannot give you my blessing but I sure would love if you could convert some units the other way around too(from Hearts of Iron to Civ3) :D

Originally posted by LouLong

I am not agloo so I cannot give you my blessing but I sure would love if you could convert some units the other way around too(from Hearts of Iron to Civ3) :D

It´s more difficult this way, but not impossible. ;) The problem is that Civ3 uses animations that doesn´t exist in HoI, like death, victory... . Hoi only uses stand, move and fire animations. The other problem is that the size of HoI´s sprites is smaller than Civ3, so you have to resize them via PaintShop Pro or what you want. It´s not that bad when going from Civ3 to Hoi because you shrink the sprite and the lose of quality is not as noticeable, but going from HoI to Civ3 would mean to ampliate the sprite and the loss of quality would be very noticeable.:(

Oh, aaglo, i would be most grateful if you also give me permission to adapt your Japanese M3G bomber for HoI. ;)

Top Bottom