PTW: Empire in Flames

Ed O'War

King
This is a scenario that is based on Daftpanzer's Spacewars mod.

Our story so far...

The Terran Empire is in turmoil. Emperor Alexander Sebastian Dukreis III has died suddenly and his young heir is not yet ready to ascend the Eternal Throne. A council of regents is appointed to rule until the heir is ready, but rival noble houses are not content. They see an opportunity to improve their standing in the Empire, perhaps even taking the Eternal Throne for themselves. As the noble houses begin to bicker and fight, the Empire slips into chaos. Pirates begin to raid the Inner Worlds and the Fringe Worlds rebel. It is total civil war.

Instructions: Unzip the Empire in Flames folder to your desktop. Move the .bix and accompanying folder to Civ 3/PTW/Scenarios. Then start up Play the World, select Play Scenario and select Empire in Flames.

Credits:
Special thanks to Daftpanzer for his Spacewars mod. Without his hard work, especially on the graphics, this scenario would not be possible.

Also, thanks to Bobisback. This scenario uses part of his PTW conversion of the Spacewars mod.

In addition, many of the concepts I used were inspired by different science fiction sources, such as David Weber's Honor Harrington series and the Starfire series by David Weber and Steve White.

Units by Daftpanzer:
Assault Cruiser
Colony Ship
Cruiser
Star Explorer
Assault Frigate
Construction Vessel
Defence Batter
Missile Destroyer
Star Destroyer (non-Star Wars)
Star Frigate

Units by tpasmall:
Nebulan B Frigate
Slaver Ship
Sounds from the Imperial Lander

Units by Pleb:
YT-2400
YT-1300
Star Destroyer
Republic Transport
Republic Attack Ship

Thanks to zulu9812 for the excellent mega units_32

Note: The units are non-animated and two of the units are static (i.e. they aren't done in 8 directions).

Here's the download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Empire_in_Flames_Scenario.zip

Feedback is welcome. Please post any suggestions, comments or bugs you notice here. I hope you have as much fun playing this scenario as I had making it.

Edit: Here's the link to Daftpanzer's Spacewars mod, for those that are interested:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51084

And here's a screenshot:

Attachments

• eif screenshot 1.jpg
    eif screenshot 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3,926
The scenario uses Daftpanzer's default road graphics for starlanes. However, in the screenshot above I'm using Mendax's magtubes to represent starlanes because I feel they're easier to see. Here's the link to Mendax's magtubes thread for anyone who would like to use them instead (you'll have to rename the file from 'railroads' to 'roads').

Thanks go to Mendax for the magtube graphics.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49008

Looks awsome downloading now.:goodjob:

Looks cool, i like the magtube graphics too. Downloading now...

I downloaded this scenario and it is the best space based scenario I have seen for Civ3. Great Job :goodjob:

I loved your last scenario Warlord of NA, and this one seem like you put even more work in to it. :worship:

Now, if Atari would just add some cool scenarios like this one Conquests would be a hit.

Thanks for your high praise. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm working on the SpaceWars mod which Daftpanzer started (though the work is going slow). When it's finished you may want to check it out.

I loved this Scenario I couldnt stop playing it for about three weeks

Ed o' war, im curious to see what youve been making with the spacewars idea, im looking forward to seeing it as i thought this scenario you did was very good,

in a few days i will hopefully go from a 450 mhz to a 2ghz+, then im going to do a full reinstall of all civ3 stuff and start playing with the spacewars idea again. hopefully civ3 will run FAST even with SOUND!!! cant wait :)

Originally posted by Daftpanzer
in a few days i will hopefully go from a 450 mhz to a 2ghz+, then im going to do a full reinstall of all civ3 stuff and start playing with the spacewars idea again. hopefully civ3 will run FAST even with SOUND!!! cant wait :)

I would not count on it I have a 2.0 ghz 256 ram and civ 3 is still slow on a large map;)

Originally posted by Daftpanzer
Ed o' war, im curious to see what youve been making with the spacewars idea, im looking forward to seeing it as i thought this scenario you did was very good,

Daftpanzer:

I've got some preliminary work done on the space mod, but I've developed an addiction for Star Wars Galaxies which has eaten into my time and slowed down my work. I'm still working on it, but it may take me a while to release something.

If you are planning to go back to work on Space Wars again, I think that's great. I'd like to see how it develops from where you left off.

Thanks again for letting me work with your Space Wars material.

I have played this scenario several times. It is challenging but not impossible to win. I recommend it to all CIV addicts. Well done Ed!

Well hello fellow Necromancer, brother in evil....:satan:

Looks nice , i dont have the right acount to download but i like how you didnt replace the excisting .bix files you just added a extra 1 to it. I know some downloads require you to replace folders with their own, i dont like doing this because if you download another that requires you to replace the same folder the first 1 wont work.

Just 1 question, is that the only download? I did this before i just downloaded 1 of the 2 downloads so im wondering
im haveing truble, is this posible with the complete edition (both play the world and conquest)

Top Bottom