City Graphics: Elven Cities

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
This is City Graphics for your Elves in your LOTR/fantasy mod. PCHighway supplied me with some buildings from Morrowind, which I've tweaked into some cities. All the eras look the same.

Attachments

• mrtn_elven_cities.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 917
look much better than mine :)
a question though - can you send me the houses only, so i can make version for sn00py's terrain?

There really quite nice......What @$&^%#*! am I saying there fantastic Mrtn :goodjob:

Very nice, mrtn, thank you! :goodjob: :goodjob: :)

Yeah, I'd like a version to go with Snoopy's terrain aswell :)

seems good.

Just wanted to say that not all Elves live in trees & forests. In some books, they had beautifull cities made in such an artistic & delicate way that it couldn't be matched by humans.

Originally posted by embryodead
...can you send me the houses only, so i can make version for sn00py's terrain?
Isn't it easier to just mod these finished cities for sn00py's?
If you still want the originals, pm me your e mail address.
Thanks for the kind words guys! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mrtn

Isn't it easier to just mod these finished cities for sn00py's?

would be easier to edit houses only because you already placed the standard civ3 trees. pm sent :)

Originally posted by embryodead

would be easier to edit houses only because you already placed the standard civ3 trees. pm sent :)
Can you use photoshop files? (.psd) In that case I can send the layered file, so you only have to make the trees invisible, merge the houses, treat them the way you like, and turn the tree background on again. I suppose you just want some colour variations. :confused: I won't send anything before you answer this. :)

This is great mrtn,
I've been waiting for this ever since you posted the preview. I was getting kind of worried you'd given up on it. All the cities you've made are great. :) BTW though, what's the black part of the cities in the preview?

Originally posted by Grandraem
This is great mrtn,
I've been waiting for this ever since you posted the preview. I was getting kind of worried you'd given up on it. All the cities you've made are great. :) BTW though, what's the black part of the cities in the preview?
It's letters spelling R o m e :p Seriously, though, I don't have the foggiest. Some sort of Giant Mushroom? :eek: :confused:
If you thought I had abandoned you, you could have bumped the thread. :)

Originally posted by mrtn

If you thought I had abandoned you, you could have bumped the thread. :)

Guess I'll be bumping your airship preview then. :p

mrtn, yup! a .psd file would be great. and no, i wasn't speaking just about colour varations but changing the current trees to those big sn00py's trees.

This is great:goodjob:!
And No, it's not a giant Mushroom:p. I have yet to see a Black Giant Mushroom. The Black space in the middle is the entrance to a treestump house-thing.

Originally posted by Clam I Am
Those look really great. It makes me wish I had a use for them.

-- Just about the first thing I noticed is how the city labelled "Cumae" is stockaded -- a great graphic for any manner of early cities, like the American West; also early European "motte & bailey" castles were often made with such palisades ...

How about a Plains Indians mod where the Civs are the Indian tribes and the barbarians are those guys with the hot, blue uniforms and the whiskey? :)

-- Anyway, more great work, mrtn!

-Oz

Top Bottom