Screenshot of the Day #132: Buggy Tribe

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The latest SotD's, the American Worker and Visionary Galley, were subtle. This is more obvious: When I reloaded a saved game, the Buggy tribe had given me a map of their region, larger than anyone could hope for.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd132.jpg

Thanks to ivory for the screenshot.

PS: Going to post another SOTD tomorrow. :)

I say this with the utmost respect for Thunderfall. This is my favorite website and I appreciate all that Thunderfall does to keep it great. With that said, whenever I see these SotD threads, I wonder why you don't put the picture in the thread so we can see it without having to click on it? Since this is your site, I don't have to tell you how easy it is to do and it saves us viewers from having to click on it and leave the page.

Thanks again for this great site and keep up the good work!

That's cool.

Aahh, if this is what the friendly barbarians do, wait until the uprising!! :eek:

But when I tried saving and reloading my game in 4000 BC, it didn't work.:(:)

@speaker: many people still have slow connections or may not like large images in the threads. One click isn't too much to ask, is it? It opens in a convenient new window, so you can have the image in the background while reading the comments on it.

Whoa!!!:eek: How did that happen?

Originally posted by Speaker
With that said, whenever I see these SotD threads, I wonder why you don't put the picture in the thread so we can see it without having to click on it? Since this is your site, I don't have to tell you how easy it is to do and it saves us viewers from having to click on it and leave the page.
It's because most SOTDs are full screenshots and if I use the img tag to post them directly, they will stretch the page too wide, and people would need to move the horizonal scrollbar when they want to read people's comments. It's more orderly to just link to the SOTD. :)

PS: When you click the link, normally the it should open in a new window.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think these forums were designed well enough that if one person posts a huge image in a single post, the rest of the posts will remain the same and only that post will be larger. I'll test it in a second.

Image deleted.

It depends on the style you use. In some of the styles (ex. Mac X), all the posts on the page are enclosed in one table. -- TF

Originally posted by DivineImpact
I'm not 100% sure, but I think these forums were designed well enough that if one person posts a huge image in a single post, the rest of the posts will remain the same and only that post will be larger. I'll test it in a second.

I believe that if it's the very first post that it will make the user scroll horozontally to see the thread. If it's just a post later on inside of the thread all of the other's will remain the same.

Originally posted by Kaiser_Berger
Ugggghhh......talk about a terrible starting position :vomit:
He could/should have moved to the coast.

edit: removed comments on previous poster's 'test' with an image after TF removed the image.

I may be nitpicking here...but how can a civilization called 'Utopia' have despotism as its form of government? ;)

Originally posted by Strider

I believe that if it's the very first post that it will make the user scroll horozontally to see the thread. If it's just a post later on inside of the thread all of the other's will remain the same.

I think you're right about that...

Cool SOTD though.

Keep in mind too, that a big picture will slow down the loading time for dialup users. Yes, CFC corrects for it and just expands the picture, but maybe after reading the discription, a user doesn't want to d/l the entire pic, so they can exit out with out wasting time.

Course, I'm on broadband (home, work and school:thumbsup: ) so I don't have that problem. . .

[party] :cooool: Yeah, my screenshot was chosen!
@Matrix, the game had already been played out, so there was no cheat here. In fact, it was a very old save that I just wanted to relive before deleting, kicked around the hard drive a few times, which probably explains this bug. Though, when I re-reloaded, there was nothing unusual.
@Orc, perhaps I should have, although it would only have given three coast tiles. Luckily there were wines on the hills otherwise I would not not have been able grow large enough to build a settler! But it gets worse: see my Utopia in 1800.
@Jimjam, the founder of the country, Utopus, was a despot. He even used the whip:
Originally posted by Thomas More
Utopus that conquered it brought the rude and uncivilized inhabitants into such a good government, and to that measure of politeness, that they now far excel all the rest of mankind; having soon subdued them, he designed to separate them from the continent, and to bring the sea quite round them. To accomplish this, he ordered a deep channel to be dug fifteen miles long; and that the natives might not think he treated them like slaves, he not only forced the inhabitants, but also his own soldiers, to labor in carrying it on. As he set a vast number of men to work, he beyond all men's expectations brought it to a speedy conclusion. And his neighbors who at first laughed at the folly of the undertaking, no sooner saw it brought to perfection than they were struck with admiration and terror.

Top Bottom