Screenshot of the Day #133: The Smelly Germans

ROFL!!!! Definately it's the Greeks who smell worse...I should know, I'm German!!!

Well, all that smoke rising above the German cities can't be too pleasant either.
But I 'm obviously missing something: where is the bizzare element that the SotD's are so famed for?

amazing SOTD!!!

Odd that Greece is still in the acient age, when I see a greek infantry in picture. :eek: :crazyeye: :rolleyes: (correct me if I'm wrong)

Huh? Why is CIV3King's post on top? The screenshot is amazing for the infantry / ancient outfit combi. The 'smell-off' text is rather common.

Edit: And why does my post go before TF's?

Originally posted by Stapel
Huh? Why is CIV3King's post on top?... And why does my post go before TF's?
Because the server clock has been reset, but all the old time stamps have not been changed accordingly, so the forum program thinks that you posted earlier. :)

Ah, another subtle little sotd here. I think I also noticed some occasional insynchronity between a leader and his civ in my games, but never gave it much consequence. The older they get, the more conservative they usually become.

If you check out the file named diplomacy txt it has all the sayings in it, it's quite funny what it has in there.
I went through vanilla civ a while back and changed some of what the leaders say to famous quotes from TV
When someone doesn't want to make a deal I get " No soup for you, you come back one year"
backing up the file first is recommended.

did they (firaxis) add new diplo text in PTW? Just curious.

Hmmm, does sauerkraut or a feta cheese mutton peta smell worse? And lets not forget who invented Limberg cheese!

I got these playing GOTM20. I think they've been posted before, but I'm not sure. We could use a thread of threads for that one.

Being a despot is hard enough without comments like this!

At least my military advisor is trying to be in good spirits.

It seems the SOTDs are drying up, when an old diplomacy comment makes it...

Why is the foreign advisor sad when your culture suprasses them? He should get the bath! ;)

Top Bottom