New Unit: Cataphract

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Model based on a picture of a Persian Cataphract...

I would like to make up some sounds for this one but I thought I'd post it as is. I don't know when I might work up something so if someone else wants to make some all I ask is that you post them below for others to use.

File (1.3mb):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Cataphract.zip

Preview of the default:

Attachments

• cataphract_preview2.gif
    cataphract_preview2.gif
    41.9 KB · Views: 7,433
Preview of the Run:

Attachments

• cataphract_run.gif
    cataphract_run.gif
    34 KB · Views: 6,564
:love: The unit of my dreams.

Great additional UU for the Persians, have it replace the knight as a 4-3-2, available at chivalry, requires horses (but not iron), upgrades to cavalry.

Very nice work indeed.

:worship:

Say I want to use this as a knight flavour unit. Who should build it? The Greeks (Byzantines) and the persians. And probably the Babylonians (they were conquered by persia). What about the other middle east civs? Ottomans, Egypt? Carthage?

This looks extremely generic from a distance. I'll use it for all civs except for maybe the far eastern ones.

Absolutely amazing, and much needed as well! :D I'll use it for a 'Heavy Cavalry' replacement for Middle Eastern civs (Babylon, Egypt, the Arab Caliphates, Persia, the Ottoman Empire and the Byzantine Empire).

And you retained the bow and arrow attack animation? If so, I would give this unit a small bombard defense value to represent this. Then I could also make Kryten's 'Horse Archer' its predecessor, both wielding a bow.

Just my two cents, and thanks again, Kinboat! :D :D :)

High quality as always!:goodjob: , you should work for Firaxis, then you would be rich

Top Bottom