Screenshot of the Day #135: Mined Forest

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Everyone knows you can't mine a forest tile, right? Think again! Actually, I did this accidentally by setting one group of workers to plant a forest and another to mine that same tile. Coincidentally, they finished on the same turn and voila! A mined forest tile! alas, the tile still only produce one food and two shields... Darn.

This screenshot was also submitted in September 2002. Thanks to Nick Austin (aka Ex) for the screenshot.

lol did it give you extra extra shields?

Cool... To bad it doesn't give you the extra shields.... would be pretty cool :)

I wonder if that bug has been fixed in future patches.

I actually did that some time ago. Yes, you can do it as long as you set another worker to do a different improvement before the previous one finishes. I got a mine on irragation...

"I've found timber! Lots of timber under the ground!" :)

Well, it makes sense: if you'd wait a couple of million years that forest will turn into coal or oil.

Interesting. Is the improvement actually there, or is it just display.

What I mean is... If you chop down the forest, is there a mine on the grassland?

Originally posted by Padma
Looks like Snoopy's to me. Maybe an earlier version.

This screenshot was also submitted in September 2002.

I'm sure it was a pretty early version ;)

If you can mine a forest then you should also be able to irrigate it. with the right timing... oh I gotta try that:)

i got a screenshot, but thunderfall dosent have time anymore.

here's the screenshot.
as you can see, the marine won't take the city. he is either planning to defect, or he is lazy.

Attachments

• take the city!.jpg
    take the city!.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 643
Top Bottom