Votes: 5 25.0%
  • bad

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • ??? where is the washroom

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

GeneralMeng

Warlord
Hi I made a map on the three kingdom peroid in China during the 260 AD. You may play as Wei, Shu and Wu. In the real history, Shu and Wu is trying to defeat Wei and rebuild the Han empire. But they both fail. well in this game you can change the out come of histroy. Well have fun.

Attachments

• three kingdom.zip
    41 KB · Views: 1,438
I think you went a little overboard with the Barbarians.

And you hava almost no improvements on the land: You should add a lot more of that.

I like how you put all the famous leaders in though, thats awsome.

Ok, i just looked at this in the editor breifly, and I have some things i need to say:

- The Wei Kingdom's Capital was in Xu Chang, The Han capital was in Luoyang, while it was reffered to as the capital, it wasnt the capital of the Wei empire. The last Han Emperor Liu Xie (Xian) abdicated in 220.
- The Wu Kingdom's Capital was in Jian Ye, whic isnt even on the map, and Shanghai was named Wu. At least you got Cheng Du right as capital of Shu.
- No leadernames are filled in, no custom settings for the civs, and the custom names that are there are inaccurate. Liu Bei died in 223, Cao cao in 219, and Sun Quan in 251. They actually are Liu Chan of Shu, Cao Mao of Wei although he was under the control of the Sima clan: Sima Zhao and His son Sima Yan, (Wei was soon to be overthrown by the Jin(Sima) Dynasty led by Sima Yan in 265, and Cao Mao was going to be dead in April 260 and replaced by the last emperor of Wei, Cao Huan), and the Wu Emperor Sun Xiu.
- You went excess on the barbarians, REALLY excess.
- The boundaries are not accurate for the time you set for this scenario, and many cities are misplaced, especially in the capital districts. And why did you add all those other civs? they werent involved in china at all...

I'd edit this, ALOT. Im not exactly sure if you have read Three kingdoms or if you have read it, have a good map of china during the time. I might sound a bit rude and cruell but im a brutally honest person.

thank you for you idea, i will make more changes to the map and put the city in the right place. I know the real histroy of three kingdom. I am just too layz to put the city in the right place. i am now working on a bigger and better vison of the map. it would be 130 by 103. The city in the new map will be in the right place. as for other civilzations i put them in to make it more fun.

Sima Ren I think might be another name for Sima Yan. I know it was the grandson of Sima Yi who unified China in approximately 280 AD, and I've heard it was Sima Ren.

And, your historical description is a bit inaccurate. Shu and Wu fought with each other nearly as much as they fought with Wei. Shu was conquered in 264 AD, and Wu was conquered in about 280 AD.

Shu was the only one wishing to restore the Han empire, and that was mainly under Liu Bei/Zhuge Liang (who died in 234 AD).

Why you chose 260AD as the starting point of the scenario is a mystery to me.

well i chose 260 is because i rush to finish this map and i am kind of careless about it. but no need to worry. on my new map, it will be better.

i don't think shu an d wu fight that much. it was not recoard in the book

They didnt fight a whole lot in major battles, like the fight at Yi Ling, more like border skirmishes and little fights. they did fight against Wei together, but they werent in perfect harmony. There were alot of plots, such as Sun Quan's Plot to retake Jing by having his sister (Liu Bei's Wife) come back to Wu with Liu Chan and to blackmail Liu Bei into giving Jing to Wu when he was in the Yi province fighting Zhang Lu with Liu Zhang. That plot failed however due to Zhao Ziliong (Yun) and Zhang Fei, who jumped onto the boat sailing down the Chang Jiang and took Liu Chan back. Speaking of Scenario timing, why did you start in 260? it was right before the overthrow of Wei and the Fall of Shu. It might have been better to start in 257, right before the plots ad executions in Wu began involving the 2 emperors Sun Liang and Sun Xiu and Sima Zhao was still consolidating his power. As for Sima Ren, It is Probably Sima Yan since he unified the realm, and many people had alternate names or Surnames: Liu Bei (Xuande), Zhuge Liang (Kongming), Cao Cao (Mengde), etc.

well, i believe that the book said that wu trys to invade wei quite a few times, but that is not very successful. I will try to imporve the map better. But now i am working on the new map which will be taking place in 198 AD

Dont bother, no offence but this map is waay off the three Kingdoms. you want to mak a good map spend some good time on it and be absolutely accurate!

It has potential but maybe you should research the Romance of the Three Kingdoms world a bit more and streamline; and edit as appropriate.
Its a good idea just needs work. Keep at it tho.

Originally posted by TETurkhan
There is a demand for this scenario - I am working on it right now actually - Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Maybe there is an opportunity to work together...

There sure is a need for more cooperation between
Scenario creators!!!

Rocoteh

TETurkhan finish ur story first! :mad: :lol:

TETurkhan, sure we can work together on your map of three kingdom.

I'll be looking forward to this... :)

BTW, you can base your map on KOEI's Romance of the Three Kingdom PS2 games. ;) They got an awesome game map for VII.

VIII will be out in mid-August too.

Oh yeah, Romance VII also set out the resources needed to build certain units, and these resources are linked to certain cities only, that a certain lord must hold (and linked to his main cities) to build said units. ;) Sounds familiar?

Specialized units are like rattan-armored infantry, and elephant cavalry (both resources in Yunnan; somewhat just outside China and focus of an interesting part of the Romance novel).

I think the rattan infantry needed to be removed though - too unbalancing - and the elephant cavalry need a high cost to justify its rarity.

I have that game, its fun and it is what i was basing on for the placement of cities argument me and sarevok have. of course I rarely can get rattan unless i go on a conquest streak. XIII, have you ever unitfied the land in the yellow turban rebbelion scenario...as Li Ru? I did.

and in case you were wondereing since this place has become a place to say it, My 1st posted map is in production and it is a 3 kingdoms map. Sarevok also has some sort of thing im production too.

Top Bottom