Screenshot of the Day #137: Enter the Matrix

Whoa!!!:eek:

Neo, you are the one...er, the one year old that is.

something similar happens to me when i retire from a game, right before the HoF comes up. this is because i run civ at 1152x864 and the HoF 'window' is 1024x768. For a brief moment there's a "garbled" black screen with units on it. I'll try to capture a pic of it next time i quit a game.

Looking at that map...damn, what is that, like 10% ocean? The minimap almost looks deformed because of the surrounding blackness...

Originally posted by QwertySoft
something similar happens to me when i retire from a game, right before the HoF comes up. this is because i run civ at 1152x864 and the HoF 'window' is 1024x768. For a brief moment there's a "garbled" black screen with units on it. I'll try to capture a pic of it next time i quit a game.
That's most likely it. The original submitted screenshot was 1600x1200 pixels, with lots of black space. The Civ3 window itself is 1024x768.

1600x1200....sigh...
Wish I could afford something bigger than my 16" monitor.

Yes i said 16". Max res is 1152x864. I'm getting a 17" next week, so 1280x1024, here i come!

Do I see Neo??? ;)

Originally posted by QwertySoft
1600x1200....sigh...
Wish I could afford something bigger than my 16" monitor.

Yes i said 16". Max res is 1152x864. I'm getting a 17" next week, so 1280x1024, here i come!

Apparently you granted your own wish. Love it when that happens.

I've seen something like that happen.

It happens when I win the spaceship race, the whole background goes black. But not with fuzzy lines and invisible units :eek:

Hey Qwertysoft: Bottled water costs more than gasoline because of the filtration costs. Microfilters and Nanofilters are damned expensive, and their membranes become fouled and clogged up very quickly, requiring continuous replacement.
A group of scientists I worked with a summer ago were trying to create a Silicon Carbide nanofiltration membrane that would use its semiconductor properties combined with implanted ions to create an electric field that kept charged particles out of its pores. I helped them get pretty far, but it's still in the prototype phase.
If all goes well though, in a few years bottled water might be cheaper than gasoline. Quite a refreshing thought.:)

Originally posted by hbdragon88

It happens when I win the spaceship race, the whole background goes black. But not with fuzzy lines and invisible units :eek:

That happns to me too!!! and you can hear a strange sound too..

Originally posted by hbdragon88

Ditto.

It's good to know I'm not the only person who sees that screen when I win the space race.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
DARN IT, PI SETI
You ruined one of the funniest questions ever (IMO) by giving it a legitimate answer

On the other side, it would be good for water to have a somewhat reasonable price.

Top Bottom