New Unit: Tribal Guardian

Kindred72

Vampire
For DyP. My only problem is the spear, in the game the blade shimmers with civ colors. And, I'm not pallette intelligent enough to fix it. Plus I wish I'd of made the spear shaft brown. Hope you guys find use for it.

Tribal Guardian

Attachments

• tgattack.gif
    tgattack.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,940
"The Stone age people were very into working out their pecs"
:)
Seriously though, this is a great unit:goodjob:
Stone age era-units are missing from the game, and it shaped the world. I find it strange having Roman-esque spearmen before you study the wheel, then plunging into chariots. This units is a great edition for an era forgotten, great work. The spear is fine, looks freshly carved, is all.

I'm going to use him for my Stone Age Hunter unit, which will look better than the Vanilla "Jaguar Warrior" graphic I had been using. (But what will I use that crazy Jag warrior graphic for now? Waste not, want not!)

Sweet, thanks for the unit, Kindred.

Originally posted by Kindred72
For DyP. My only problem is the spear, in the game the blade shimmers with civ colors. And, I'm not pallette intelligent enough to fix it. Plus I wish I'd of made the spear shaft brown. Hope you guys find use for it.

Tribal Guardian

Ill take a look at the spear for ya Kindred and see if I can fix it :D

Kindred, if u send me your PCXs/BMPs in RGB (the ones that SBB generated) i can fix the palette problem (I think).

Nice, I love to see DyP units appearing on these forums.

It seems like once Kal-el left on his little vacation from the boards, more people are making units for the mod. Strange how life works sometimes, isn't it? :)

Wow he's exelent! Its almost like conan the barbarian i'd love it if you could do a version with a big sword.
I want a multi unit for Fantasy games representing a adventuring party, with at least a priest, barbarian and wizard/sorceress.

I could use the amazon bezerker but it would be great to have two units, one representing low level adventurers and another high level. I'm thinking of having special fortifed barbarian camps placed in special places as part of semi impassable terrain (like in the pass between two mountains), and you could use adventurers to clear them (high attack value, low HPs so as to dicourage thier use elsewere).

Not sure how its going to work, but a barbarian swordsman would still be cool. :)

Well he looks great... The blue spearhead thing probably means the color you set it at was slightly blue-gray... so when you pasted the images it set them in the upper civ-colors. One way to avoid this is to make it either solid gray or slightly greenish... not enough to really see it but enough so that the program doesn't try to set it in the blue. You also need to make sure there is an appropriate gray color in the palatte so it doesn't use the civ-color.

Originally posted by Kinboat
Well he looks great... The blue spearhead thing probably means the color you set it at was slightly blue-gray... so when you pasted the images it set them in the upper civ-colors. One way to avoid this is to make it either solid gray or slightly greenish... not enough to really see it but enough so that the program doesn't try to set it in the blue. You also need to make sure there is an appropriate gray color in the palatte so it doesn't use the civ-color.

Well, as I've said in the past, although I think I make good units, and I know Poser pretty well, I'm still pallette illiterate. I just use pallettes of units that you and Utah made and try to find one that fits as closely as possible. I've tried to figure out these dang palletes but all they seem to do is pi$$ me off. Is it possible to make a generic "universal" pallete that will fit most units?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/ALT_Kindred72s_TribalGuardian.zip

I just worked up a quick color swap at the request of COAtlantis1745... The Tribal Guardian now has a cousin from Africa... There are still a few glitches (especially in the victory) this is where the palette picked colors from the civ-specific colors that can't be changed. I don't think they are really noticable but someone could go through and paint over each one with a darker color if they felt like it :) Hope you don't have a problem with this Kindred72.

:goodjob:

Excellant! Thank you very much for that palette conversion, Kinboat! :)

Top Bottom