Screenshot of the Day #141: Bottlenecks

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Here's one where I was lucky enough to get two bottlenecks with which to lure them in with Privateers...

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd141.jpg

It would take quiet a few of those wooden privateers to destroy a steel battleship... :p

Thanks to Erik Larabie for the screenshot.

Nice graphics pack. Looks cartoonish. Wow that's a big screen too. (1440x900!)

*wishes for his 21" montior that he'll never be able to own*

Anyway, that's pretty cool. I rarely use submarines but here is a situation where they'd be very useful.

How's that graphicspack called?..I've seen it before..but dunno the name

If you have PtW you already have it. Look under your scenarios, and check for a 'warpstorms watercolor terrain' bix. Same game rules, different terrain, since it's a scenario, it won't show up in your HoF unless you replace certain file, which you shouldn't do unless you know how. Look around the Creation and Customization forum sometime. The Graphics modpacks sub-forum is the one you will find new terrain files in.

Like the screenshot, a good tip on strategy, never thought of leading a friendly nations navy into an ambush ;). They were friendly I presume?

Originally posted by PCHighway
If you have PtW you already have it. Look under your scenarios, and check for a 'warpstorms watercolor terrain' bix. Same game rules, different terrain, since it's a scenario, it won't show up in your HoF unless you replace certain file, which you shouldn't do unless you know how.
Hmm, I played Sn00py's graphics before, as the PTW scenario, and it showed up in my HoF. I didn't fool around with any files. Could it be because it only doesn't show up if it's a .bic change (different rules), not .bix (different graphics)?

And cool screenie. :thumbsup:

Well this seems like a good thing to do if you're planning on starting a war between 2 other civs. Lure the one civ's boats into your bay and blockade them in there before the other civ's ships move in. Then start the war between the 2 other civs(by various other means). When the civ needs their boats, they can't use them! And the other civ runs over them easily, while you run in and fill in the territory gaps with culture bombs.

WillJ-
Hmm, I played Sn00py's graphics before, as the PTW scenario, and it showed up in my HoF. I didn't fool around with any files. Could it be because it only doesn't show up if it's a .bic change (different rules), not .bix (different graphics)?

And cool screenie. :thumbsup:
That would be interesting to know, it sounds good though! I was just assuming, but good point.

Wow, those privateers are ready for anything!

11 privateers vs. two battleships

What happened in the end? ;)

If you don't have any rules changed, just graphics, you can get your score in the HoF.

In the end I was averaging 6 to 10 privateers to take down one battleship. Both the americans and the french were gracious when I started but became furious after losing a few boats :)

-Erik

Whoa... they became furious with you after losing boats to privateers? Am i missing something? I thought privateers were supposed to be "invisible" in terms of knowing their nationality. How can the computer know its you in order to get mad at you?

The computer knows that its your privateers, so if you attack, they get annoyed. It just doesn't start war.

Top Bottom