Screenshot of the Day #142: Bias Election

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Normally when you have an election there is always a second candidate based on population or land area.

I had destroyed all other civs except for an Indian settler on a boat. Therefore there was no second largest Civ and I was the only one on the ballot. Also, I was unable to place a spy in India because it thought there already was a spy there. I guess it must go by capital city or something.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd142.jpg

Thanks to mjanzen for the screenshot.

There always must be 2 people on the ballot regardless of population/mass. So because the're the last civ they're on the ballot anyways regardless of on settler or 1 city.

And yes, you couldn't place a spy because there wan't anywhere to put him in(no capitol). Trust me I've tried.

But I'm sure you knew this already Thunder, and it made a OK STOTD.

Obviously "there always must be 2 people on the ballot regardless of population/mass" isn't entirely accurate. Hence the selection of this for a SOTD...

The Babylonian ruler is the only candidate and gets a 99.9% popular vote... That sounds vaguely familiar. :)

you couldn't possibly be referring to our friend Saddam, now, could you? :rolleyes:

For this to be a true election...the words "and die" should be next to the Abstain option.

But...boy, how embarassing that must be if you lost an election like that.

Voting day would be so much easier this way. No tough decisions to make, no policy books to try and decipher. And no need to stay up all night watching the election coverage to see who won.

Hey...the 2000 election gave me a good excuse to stay up all night. I just told my parents that I needed to watch it for my history class.....

Of course, now that I'm voting in the 2004 election...I'd rather not stay up all night.

Like being in the Florida Panhandle during the 2000 vote.

1. Bush
  2. Get shot by Rednecks:shotgun:
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by The Yankee
But...boy, how embarassing that must be if you lost an election like that.

Yeah! You lose the election because You didn't vote for You! ;)

Originally posted by thedirk
Voting day would be so much easier this way.

It's like "Dictator, which form of 'democratic dictatorship' would you vote to impose?"

Top Bottom