Screenshot of the Day #143: Steal Plans

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's SOTD is from a recent game I played. The screenshot is not really special or weird -- it just shows the effect of a successful Steal Military Plans espionage mission (Steal plans allows you to see the location of all enemy units.) I have only used this option a few times.

This option would be very useful in multiplayer if it's available early in the game... :)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd143.jpg

Wait a minute, is that worker near the middle standing on a rubber source!? You're far enough to see rubber, yet they still only have Medivel Infantrys and Spearman?! Good tech denial, TF :goodjob:

You're learning Synthetic Fibers and the Romans have spearman and Medievil infantary. Crush them!

Makes you wonder what all those units are doing just sitting there fortified in the middle of nowhere, not guarding anything valuable, not seeing anything that the civ can't see without them there, when they could be defending cities, or at least workers.

And it looks like it's about time you move up a difficulty level, TF. ;)

Gotta be careful stealing plans. .. you think it's bad when the AI goes 'patrolling' and you can only see a few spaces into their territory? Try sitting through it when you can see all of their units move. . . :D

But it's very nice. . . .

What level was that played on? I have no idea how you could have 15,000 gold, and be able to see rubber, while the Romans have spearmen and med. infantry. Thunderfall, what level was this on, and how did u do that to them? Eliminate their enemies so that they couldn't tech trade?

You are researching Synthetic Fibers and the Romans run around at best with Medieval Infantry?????

TF, I guess when you stole the Roman military plans that only gives you visibility of the Romans. Could it be that the Romans are at war with another Civ, that the other Civ is occupying the Roman lands, but you just can't see them? That would explain the strange troop movements. Alternatively it could just be that the AI sucks :)

I gotta agree. This SOTD sucks, it's hardly worth a thread in the general forum much less a spot on the home page.

Good job, you spied on the enemy when you vastly out powered them. Anyone can post this as the SOTD while playing on chieftan.

Just a wild guess ... You won this game ....
:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

It's a Monarch game. I tried Emperor once soon after I got Civ3 and got crushed by the AI very badly. :D

I think TF is just posting this SOTD to show off
No! I really thought it's cool seeing location of all enemy troops. ;)

Monarch? You can definetely go up a level, TF, I find Emperor isn't that much harder than Monarch.

Especially when you're ages (literally) ahead of your enemy. :lol:

A monarch game? And you're researching Synth Fibers that late??? Amazing how Rome is still in the early middle ages. Med Inf, but no pikes. No muskets or rifles either.

I foresee a new thread as a spinoff from this one..... a SPEARMAN KILLED MY MODERN ARMOUR !!!!

;)

Cool, Thunderfall. I've never actually used that spying mission at all! I used spies in earlier Civ series games, but hardly ever in Civ3.

Part of it is that I often don't want to risk spoiling eras of peace with my neighbours. Another part of it is that despite the spy and embassy options all now having a central screen, it's another of those "go there, to do this" things that I just don't naturally think of "going there, to do."

Perhaps it was the fact that a Spy unit was actually *in there* with the other units on the same map that made me use them in previous Civ games. They were something you interacted with as part of the standard course of the game, rather than an option on a menu on some other screen.

Top Bottom