MLDR002 - None Osc War (NOW)

meldor

Deity
Non-Oscillating War

The variant goes as follows:

The first Civ we meet, we declare war on them and stay at war until they are wiped from the face of the earth. We must declare war on them by the end of the turn in which we meet them.

We then take the Civ that we made contact with next and do the same. Rinse and repeat.

Before it becomes their "turn" we may freely trade with any other Civ.

This is a variant of always war that makes it a little easier, to get some peoples feet wet. We will try this at emp level and then maybe take it to deity.

I haven't done Egypt in a while so I would like to do them on continents, standard everything else, random opponents.

I will take the first 5 to sign up. If you are a monarch player ro you are just moving up to emp now is the time to throw your name in the hat. I do reserve the right to to you in the order to mix new and old players.

Standard rules apply, no exploits. I try not to be as hard about play time, sometimes things get in the way. I won't make hard and fast deadlines, but would ask you to either play or post a skip as soon as you are able. This keeps the game moving and keeps everyone interested and happy.

Does this mean beeing at war with only one civ at once ?
Because then you could cripple the civ you meet first and trade with all the others.

It means you pursue war with them until they are gone totally. It is not to be a "fake" war. We must either be actively defending ourselves (early on most likely) or actively attacking the "mark". The idea is to wipe them from the map as soon as possible.

[EDIT] This does not preclude war with other civs at the same time or even making allies in our pursuit of the destruction of the "mark". Trading with non-target civs is allowed until it is their "turn".

I'd like to join. I've played a lot of solo deity, but never anything on the AW theme, so this looks like a perfect combination of variant and difficulty level for me.

I would be interested if this would be on deity and not larger than standard map.

I'd love to sign up for this, my war skills really need some work, but I'm a bit short of time at the moment...

I wonder if it may be as difficult as a full AW game in some ways... The players will always be at war - with all the problems that brings, for example, I suspect Republic would be hard to maintain... Meanwhile the AI's who aren't 'the mark' will get time to build up peacefully, even if they are drawn into alliances, they can still periodically reset their war weariness...

Definitely going to lurk on this one, very curious to see how it turns out...

So far we have:

Meldor
Northern Pike
TriviAl
Belisar - if we notch it up to Deity.

Do we want to move it up to diety or stay at emperor?

Sorry, I missed you as I was making the lsit and scrolling up.

Meldor
Northern Pike
TriviAl
ChrTh
Belisar - if we notch it up to Deity.

Do we want to move it up to diety or stay at emperor?

There is the option of playing at deity minus (or emperor +, only one AI settler).

If the majority of the team has limited or no AW experience and vote for emperor I'm OK with that too. :)

I for one am not confident enough in my deity ability to play a variant, although I guess if the rest of the group can handle it, I shouldn't hose up too much. I'd prefer Emperor, but will go with the group.

It appears that of those who've joined so far, only meldor and Belisar have extensive experience of both deity and AW--so yes, emperor seems more prudent.

Meldor, I'm not sure TriviAl has actually committed himself to playing. :hmm:

OK, if everyone agrees with the level then we have enough to start. We can go with Emperor, Deity- or Deity. I will wait for the rest of the comments until I get home and eat. Otherwise I will go with the majority which looks to be emperor ATT.

Meldor
Northern Pike
Belisar
ChrTh
Coffee

The parameters, standard size, continents, 70%, normal, temperate, 4 billion. Random opponents, random barbs, standard victory conditions, no culture link, no respawn. Oh, and emperor.

If this proves to be easy we will do the next one at deity.

The start looks good. It does appear like there is water to the southwest, peaking out underneath the edge.

[EDIT] Peaking water is due west, my bad.

Here is the start if someone wants to play on their own (other than those in the game).

Supposing we wanted to delay the first war a little, could we move away from the first enemy unit we spotted without clicking on it, or would this be contrary to the spirit of the variant?

The second you see the unit, you have contact. If you want to delay war, you need to limit the initial scouting.

Top Bottom