Alternative Replay Viewer

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
As you may be aware, Dianthus has released a replay viewer utility specifically for the GOTM (see this thread). This tool is especially useful for comparing different players' games in the GOTM format.

To compliment this tool, attached is a similar utility. This utility can be used for viewing the replay of any game, in PTW 1.21, 1.29 or Civ III 1.29 format.

It is (basically) the same tool as the replay viewer that you can see at the end of a completed civ or PTW game, with added features - the least being that you can use it stand-alone, without the need to complete / retire from a game.

Features:
  1. Minimaps can be exported to .bmp or .jpg format, with user-defined sizes.
  2. The replay text can be exported with some (minor) format details being configurable.
  3. A draggable progress slider can be dragged to any position, allowing instant fast-forwarding or rewinding of the replay.
  4. The pause between replay events is user-configurable.
  5. Putting the mouse over an item in the replay text list shows a circle on the minimap marking the location.
  6. Putting the mouse over a city in the minimap shows a short history of that city.

With the help of several individuals (thanks people! ;) ) I have managed to tune the features, and eliminate most of the bugs.

However, if you have any suggestions, or have found any bugs, then please let me know: Email to ainwood@gotm.civfanatics.net

Download it from Here.

Don't you just love a nice bit of healthy competition :)

I'm gonna have to get me one of those flashy circle things for the event location! That's cool :goodjob:.

I've released the .crp file creator app now, so my replay stuff is not strictly GOTM any more, but it's definitely a lot easier to open a .SAV file in your app.

Did you intentionally stop the territory at coast? It took me a mo to work out why the initial territory wasn't centred on some of the cities, but then I need some sleep!

I had the terrain extending out over the coast for a while, but on some maps in the laeter stages, you could no longer see the difference between adjacent continents.

I thought about having the coastal culture as a line, rather than as a filled tile, but decided it was too much work ;)

Yeah - the competition is good! I actually had a replay viewer about a year ago, but it was for GOTM staff only. I completely rewrote it, and was about 2/3's done when you released your tool. :)

Just took me a while to finish mine off.....

Not bad! Not bad at all!:goodjob: I love it!:love:

No...the website is still down...and it rots me.

I've got VB.NET though....giving that a try.

I'll send that save....but let me try something first.....

Civ 3 actually crashes when it tries to replay...and every file since crashes...and trying another file caused Windows to run out or Memory...hummm....I'll try reinstalling...

Great tool!!!

I also have run time erors but only when I try to load GOTM .SAV. My normal games load fine.

Is it possible that the MODs in the GOTM do not agree with your tool?

I'm using [ptw] 1.27f on a Windows XP SP1 computer. I can send you .SAV if you want. I've already submitted GOTM 23. If you have access to these, you can also get it from there.

Let me know what I can do.

Originally posted by ainwood
I haven't actually tested it with 1.27f - I'll try a couple of them.

If you could post me your gotm save - otherwise I can try and get it off the team.... :D

PM me an email address. I rather not post it since it might be a spoiller for ppl who haven't played the thing already. (And I guess I'm a bit shy of my very-very-late-domination :crazyeye: ).

2 ainwood
I see in directory 2 DLL. Can U give lib for DeCompress.dll and structure of repacking file? We play in our tournament and work with files is very interest. I know tech of calculating number of reloads, it is not good (not correct) and easy hacked.
Sorry english

Top Bottom