Napoleonic - Austrian Infantry

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
Well, this thread will gather 3 Austrian foot units of the Napoleonic period.
Standard Austrian (ethnic German) Line (1805-06 and later on), early infantry (prior to 1805) and Landwehr (or frontier army).

Comes with default, run, attack A and B, death, text, ini and small and large pedia icons (these ones are still excellently made by Bebro, thank you yet again Bebro !).

Download the file here :
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/NapAustrianGermanLine.zip
Edit if you have downloaded this file prior to the 7th of October, please download again to get the correct version. I had forgotten to zip in the death anim in the former one.

Preview

Attachments

• austrianlinepreview.gif
    austrianlinepreview.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 4,620
My wishes have come true. I wonder what the UU for the Austrians will be in Conquests (yes they are in, have their leaderheads and all, but are only available for a conquest).

Good job, LouLong. And wonderful work here.

congratulations, i just have finished the beta of my european 19.century scenery on on 256x240 map, and thats exact what i'm looking for ...

looking forward ...

Thanks all !

BTW I hereby invite any unit creator (or would-be creator) to join the Napoleonic units crusade. Any taker ?

Yoda, I love your new title, it is very ..... hmmm.... accurate (the word I was looking for).
;)

Originally posted by LouLong
Thanks all !

BTW I hereby invite any unit creator (or would-be creator) to join the Napoleonic units crusade. Any taker ?

Yoda, I love your new title, it is very ..... hmmm.... accurate (the word I was looking for).
;)

Hmmm, for a game of this magnitude there should be at least 22 countries/states (ergo Civs) with their respective units (cavalry, intantry) along with special units.... about some 50-60 units to make :o

I am rather thinking about making a conversion of my old GNB civII game once conquests is out (with the units still in unanimated civII look for the start)

- I love your unit, btw- just missing the helmet ;) :goodjob:

;)
Yes I thought it would fit my avatar well;)

Yahoo!
As an Austrian, I'm delighted by that unit. Can't wait for the Landwehr!:jump:

Well, this thread will gather 3 Austrian foot units of the Napoleonic period.
Standard Austrian (ethnic German) Line (1805-06 and later on), early infantry (prior to 1805) and Landwehr (or frontier army).

Comes with default, run, attack A and B, death, text, ini and small and large pedia icons (these ones are still excellently made by Bebro, thank you yet again Bebro !).

Download the file here :
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/NapAustrianGLine.zip

Preview
bonjour mon ami loulong!MAGNIFIQUE JOB,WELL DONE.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Lou, please give us a fourth unit! Make the uniform of your Landwehr black with red trim and you'll have the famous Lützow Freikorps - Prussian Militia, student volunteers!

Here's a pic of what they looked like:

@ ALL, the file in the first post has been UPDATED, I had forgotten the death anim.

@ Fixer07 : thanks a lot, guess the others did not really use the unit :( ;) , the file has been corrected. Sorry for that I just forgot to zip in the death anim.

@ W.I.N.T.E.R : yes you seem to be right too, I made a mistake, this is actually a chasseur. Damnit I will have to change that.
BTW you will have your helmet Austrian (it is just I am still not happy with the helmet in two directions (the helmet itself is not copy/paste) but you will get it and you will have the "primeur" at CDG since you requested it specially.
Now, about the number of units, I was not asking you to do 60 units by yourself. I make some, statusperfect has started to help, some have been done and some will likely come with Conquest. Now if you wanted to do just two Prussian infantry that would be already great !

there seems to be a small error in your readme.file:

you say that the soldiers consisted of Germans,..., and Wallons (catholic part of the former Lower Lands). Here's the small mistake i believe, Flanders was also part of the Austrian empire at the time, so the soldiers would not only come from Wallon but also Flanders.

pre 1815: Flanders & Wallon were part of the Austrian Netherlands
after 1815: they were a part of the United Netherlands
1831: they became independent & Belgium was formed

...aaaaaaaand, Flanders is also a Catholic area of the LowLands. LouLong could, then, modify his text to read "the soldiers consisted of Germans and Catholic Netherlanders [or "Catholic Low-landers," if "Netherlanders" sounds too much like you're from "Holland" (i.e., "the Netherlands")]." Heck, he could even say "consisted of Germans and South Netherlanders" (I do believe Belgium is sometimes known as "the South Netherlands," and the Netherlands ["Holland"] are therefore called "the North Netherlands").

The most obvious difference between the Flemish and the Wallonians (from what I can tell -- I wonder what the real Belgians will say?) is that the former speak Netherlandic (Dutch), while the latter speak French. Why the Wallonians didn't end up as part of France is beyond me. Conversely, there are still Dutch-speaking Flemings in the northernmost tip of France. Crazy things, the ways these "national" borders are drawn up...

Here's the comment of a walloon ;)

Most walloons soldiers were in the armies of... NAPOLEON ! My people fought to stay french against flemish, dutch, germans,...

Top Bottom